• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Pinon /gear guards ?????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

txrocks

Reaction score
I'm having issues with dirt clods / small rocks getting in the pinion and spur gear.

It would be nice to have a light plastic cover, but I haven't found anything yet.

You can 3d print this. Unfortunately, i don’t have the details.

6BA456AB-AC71-4055-B0A9-A0DF732E4AF3.jpeg

Out of the fact of being lazy and have too many other projects going I was hoping to find something commercially avaliable. If I have to I will whip up a CAD model and send it to my buddy to print. I may end up just machining them myself if I have to. If I end up that route I think I will just machine a mold and mold some out of carbon fiber. Just too many other projects ahead of something like that.....

Out of the fact of being lazy and have too many other projects going I was hoping to find something commercially avaliable. If I have to I will whip up a CAD model and send it to my buddy to print. I may end up just machining them myself if I have to. If I end up that route I think I will just machine a mold and mold some out of carbon fiber. Just too many other projects ahead of something like that.....
Yes this is something that I find it hard that the aftermarket side of things has not picked up on

if you come up with anything keep us posted. I have been looking myself

also the battery guide to keep it away from the driveshaft yoke would be great to have like in NICOCHAU has in his pic

Yeah if come up with something I'll post it up. I'm going to work on a center brace/ fan mount soon too. I really don't like having fan mounts hanging on the motor.

I'm interested in this, mostly by the fact that I think it could lower the noise of the gears.
I've a lot of traxxas and the silence of them vs the grinding noise or arrma/tekno gears etc is annoying for me, I do prefer hearing the noise of the tires on the ground ...
The composite gear of my tekno is better than on my arrma's but ther is still room for improvement

I use composite spur only and if adjusted correctly it will last fine. Problem is rocks getting in there. A cover would be something I'd be interested in. Got a chassis mesh cover thing but that helps the overheating. Plastic cover covering the spur and pinion would be a great thing!

There was another discussion here regarding some sort of a protective cover for the center diff recently. I looked at possible solutions and thought that a frame with mosquito netting would work. I had a few ideas for a quick release that would allow easy access as well. I was thinking that the netting would allow some air flow, and also would be light and not fragile. I was thinking this would be a good use of NylonX, which is a carbon fiber nylon filament I have used quite a bit in the past. It's light and tough. Good stuff.

But, like you, there's about 101 projects in front of it. I went through adding some major changes to the printer I use and the last thing, where I'm setting it up with a Klipper controller, is a pretty big change. Haven't touched it in over a month due to work and another project or two getting priority. I'll get back to that sometime soon.

Well this is going to get moved up the priority list, as the marbles that form on my track at the house are continually getting in the gears. My soil type is great at making these little dirt clods. It has been enough to stop the truck, I am worried about trashing bearings and or a motor more than just trashing the gears from digesting the dirt clods. We have what looks like a week of crap cold weather coming so I will see what I can get knocked out. This and the center chassis brace with integrated motor fan mount....

I found a guy through the Tekno Facebutt group that recommended a hobby shop that had printed some. He is printing 3 of them for me.

Cool!
Do you know if the files are available somewhere?

I found a guy through the Tekno Facebutt group that recommended a hobby shop that had printed some. He is printing 3 of them for me.
That’s great please share any contact info or file name

I'll post up the file and his shop name when I get back to the PC

Here is the zipped file that has the .stl file to build off of. Along with a readme, notes, and some renderings.

Attachments

• Tekno_SCT410_Gear_Cover.zip
    265.6 KB · Views: 206
Thanks !
Personally I was looking for noise attenuation, like on Traxxas.
This one is not for me ;-)

I'm having issues with dirt clods / small rocks getting in the pinion and spur gear.

It would be nice to have a light plastic cover, but I haven't found anything yet.
Here is a little start I came up with.
Still needs testing.

Attachments

• 7482B49B-768E-40D7-B1A1-FC0CAF57D388.jpeg
    7482B49B-768E-40D7-B1A1-FC0CAF57D388.jpeg
    171.8 KB · Views: 184

Recent Popular Liked

Back