• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Painted ET48.3 Fluorescent Orange Spaz Stix

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cadon78

Detachable Member
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. ET48
Yesterday and into last night I painted my ET48.3 body with Spaz Stix Fluorescent Orange and used the White Fluorescent backer, and the windows also just backed to white. I didn’t take a lot of photos of the process but I have some to show.

This first one was after I think 2 coats.

C740DB03-CC46-4B1B-9F62-F6AB4ECB9E88.jpeg

The rest of the pics are al after it was done with paint but still drying completely and also seeing how I liked the orange wheels I got due to my original plans of attempting 2 tone blue and orange. Long story short on that trying to mask didn’t happen LOL!

4D986A6E-ABDD-4427-A147-86BA1E72ECCD.jpeg

0FE28D5E-6F18-4F25-8107-F2A2F86F5ECC.jpeg

This last one was the beginning of sticker placement.

FCF29ED5-94DB-4FE8-82C8-BCE3B79BDC94.jpeg

There are a lot more now, but still not done.

Looks good, I know one guy in this forum who is a huge orange fan.... a two tone orange and blue would look good too, have you ever used liquid mask, that stuff works great as long as you have steady hands too cut straight lines or follow your patterns with an exacto knife... Thumbs up :)

The orange looks great. I might do a fluorescent also. I have seen spaz stix with some cool stuff like chrome and hologram colors. They also come in a bigger can, so there should be more paint. Oh, and I hear they are a American company. I’m very curious in how well the paint holds up. Thanks for sharing.

Looks good, I know one guy in this forum who is a huge orange fan.... a two tone orange and blue would look good too, have you ever used liquid mask, that stuff works great as long as you have steady hands too cut straight lines or follow your patterns with an exacto knife... Thumbs up :)

I have heard of it, I have not seen it in person. My biggest worry would be accidentally cutting to deep and marring the body. I think maybe I will get some and just be very careful not to do that LOL!

The orange looks great. I might do a fluorescent also. I have seen spaz stix with some cool stuff like chrome and hologram colors. They also come in a bigger can, so there should be more paint. Oh, and I hear they are a American company. I’m very curious in how well the paint holds up. Thanks for sharing.

Yes they do make some really cool options. I also have candy orange and candy blue for another body to try out. I know they are owned by HRP which I believe is hq in UT.

I have heard of it, I have not seen it in person. My biggest worry would be accidentally cutting to deep and marring the body. I think maybe I will get some and just be very careful not to do that LOL!

Yes they do make some really cool options. I also have candy orange and candy blue for another body to try out. I know they are owned by HRP which I believe is hq in UT.

No personal experience but I heard Bob Dively's is the best out there, and multiple thin coats (10-12) is the best way to go at it. Masking bodies isn't really my thing.

No personal experience but I heard Bob Dively's is the best out there, and multiple thin coats (10-12) is the best way to go at it. Masking bodies isn't really my thing.

Oh ok thanks, I’ll give it a try. I’m not really a masker either I found out LOL!

I like spaz stix, i used it before on a body or two. looking nice, love that bright orange. How about the wing?

Yup I do like that Orange. TBH not sure on the wheels though. I'd do white Wheels and a White wing to match the Windows. I never used Spaz Stix before but read good things about it.

I used the Duratrax FO on my MT410 and even for me it was a little much. Could see it even in the dark so that was cool.
image.jpeg

I like spaz stix, i used it before on a body or two. looking nice, love that bright orange. How about the wing?

Thanks, so far I like Spaz Stix too. The wing is the stock white one that came with the kit.

Yup I do like that Orange. TBH not sure on the wheels though. I'd do white Wheels and a White wing to match the Windows. I never used Spaz Stix before but read good things about it.

I used the Duratrax FO on my MT410 and even for me it was a little much. Could see it even in the dark so that was cool.View attachment 654

I think I’m going to see about the blue wheels from DE they should be delivered soon. I do like the idea of white wheels now that you mention it though LOL!

Here is a little more recent pic with the wing set on there and some decals in place.

34052986-16FE-4FD7-AC93-2E82370607E6.jpeg

I also still have the new LFR body in pre order and I went ahead and ordered a jconcepts finnisher (nitro) I just hope it fits ok. So I will have a few to try things on and mix and match LOL!

Last edited:

I ordered some of this stuff, and watched a few youtube videos. This stuff looks like magic LOL! I can't wait for it to get delivered so I can try it out. It will allow me to get to another level of my crappy painting skills LOL!

Thanks again for telling me about it.

I ordered some of this stuff, and watched a few youtube videos. This stuff looks like magic LOL! I can't wait for it to get delivered so I can try it out. It will allow me to get to another level of my crappy painting skills LOL!

Thanks again for telling me about it.

Absolutely man. I did my research a ways back and never really bothered giving it a shot. The way I chew thru lids I typically stick to one or 2 colors:LOL:

I had my last body professionally painted but have used BD in the past with Sh*t success. I always put it in too thin because it is expensive. For my next body I got one of those cheap HVLP guns and will spray it to see if I can get a thick uniform coat without wasting it.

I had my last body professionally painted but have used BD in the past with Sh*t success. I always put it in too thin because it is expensive. For my next body I got one of those cheap HVLP guns and will spray it to see if I can get a thick uniform coat without wasting it.

I want to get one professionally done one of these days LOL! I want to make sure I don’t spend most of the time on the tracks wheels up first. The video I watched about the liquid definitely says to put it on nice and thick. I most likely will only try for 2 colors when I do it. The candy colors will be a lengthy process though. It requires like 3 separate coats for each color. The color then the chrome or whatever it’s called, then the black backer.

Yup I do like that Orange. TBH not sure on the wheels though. I'd do white Wheels and a White wing to match the Windows.

The more I think about this the more I agree LOL! Before I read this the other day I had already bought blue wheels. They were delivered today so as soon as I get home I can see how I like them. I have a feeling I’ll be ordering some white ones soon

Ok here is a shot with blue wheels. I like them, but still think I need to see it with white wheels LOL! Oh and never mind my daughters little purse. She made me leave it there for the pic.

ED563631-B115-46A6-8344-48BC73341F43.jpeg

Love the color. Really pops.

As for white rims, has anyone ever tried some thin clear bra material like they use on full size cars? Or maybe a paint sealant. Hell, maybe just spray wax would work.

Love the color. Really pops.

As for white rims, has anyone ever tried some thin clear bra material like they use on full size cars? Or maybe a paint sealant. Hell, maybe just spray wax would work.

I never really thought about that. I may have to try that now LOL! Thanks for the idea. I’ll keep things updated when I get some.

Will be interested in your findings. I would think some of the new car paint sealants would work and add negligible weight if that's a concern.

Recent Popular Liked

Back