• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

New to me 48.2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flysooner9

Reaction score
pretty new to the RC race world. Just picked up my first 1/8 buggy. EB48.2 got it for a nice price. First question is it currently has hobby wings xerun sct pro esc and xerun 4000kv motor. He says it has a 16T pinion. Will this be an ok set up at least to get me started? Should I run 4S batteries with it?

The xr8 SCT is 4s capable, no problem.

On the other hand, the 4000kv motor is 2s only. You should get a motor in the 1900 to 2100kv range for 4s.

+1

I would not run a 4000KV motor in a buggy, presumably it's a 3660 can? That is for a lighter SCT.

I would get a 4268 size can so you get proper torque and will not run into overheating issues. Generally a 1900KV on 4S is common for buggy.

Out of interest, do many people run Castle 1512 2650kv in 1/8 buggy? On either 3 or 4S? Or is it just too much motor in a buggy?

Out of interest, do many people run Castle 1512 2650kv in 1/8 buggy? On either 3 or 4S? Or is it just too much motor in a buggy?
I run one in an on-road set up EB48.4. It’s a great motor, will get warm though if you’re trigger heavy.

it is great on 3s and a beast on 4s.

I have one in a eb48.4

I only run it on 3s with 15t pinion it has worked well for my young son to learn the local track
Has good speed but not a lot of punch the way I have it set up

i got a slider eb48 2.0 on ebay.i have castle mamba x and 2200 kv on its way.i have this motor in a kyosho buggy and it flys.still trying to choose what pinion is best. what pinion would you run in the eb48 ?

i got a slider eb48 2.0 on ebay.i have castle mamba x and 2200 kv on its way.i have this motor in a kyosho buggy and it flys.still trying to choose what pinion is best. what pinion would you run in the eb48 ?
That’s the 74mm motor? Should run 16t or 17t perfectly. It is a big motor for the buggy.

I ran that set up in my buggy and with 16T it rips for the size of my local track (medium size track)

I run that same combo on my eb48 on 4s with 16t fast...

Recent Popular Liked

Back