• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

48.3 New ET 48 in the Pipeline?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mirovingian

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
Greeto's.

Any idea when the new version of the ET48 will be released? Or if it it'll be released at all?

That was my initial choice from the Tekno range a few months ago, but since it shows as discontinued, I went ahead with the MT410.

As much as I enjoy it, I'm for the longer wheelbase and truggy style.

Any insight on this is appreciated.

There is a new truggy in the works based on the 2.0 platform. We're working as fast as we can to get it out as soon as possible. We don't want to rush anything through to production so we're doing as much testing as possible. Unfortunately I can't give any more info than that.

There is a new truggy in the works based on the 2.0 platform. We're working as fast as we can to get it out as soon as possible. We don't want to rush anything through to production so we're doing as much testing as possible. Unfortunately I can't give any more info than that.
Thanks for the update! Waiting on the ET48 update is harder than waiting to find out who one the election!

Trump is going to throw his toys out of the pram by the looks of it in a big way! Bring from the UK it's fun to watch. We just need to get rid of bojo too.

I'm still thinking about my second RC car. Not sure what to do.

I saw a 8th truggy. Massive. I'd like something more geared for bashing. But I think Tekno stuff is more designed for racing.

MT410 looks interesting. But I feel it's due a refresh.

Trump is going to throw his toys out of the pram by the looks of it in a big way! Bring from the UK it's fun to watch. We just need to get rid of bojo too.

I'm still thinking about my second RC car. Not sure what to do.

I saw a 8th truggy. Massive. I'd like something more geared for bashing. But I think Tekno stuff is more designed for racing.

MT410 looks interesting. But I feel it's due a refresh.
I bash my MT410 really hard (well, not as hard as my grandsons do) but I spend a LOT less time playing mechanic with Tekno that I did with other brands. Many posts are online here about transforming the MT to an ET48 if you want to go that route. Either way, they are tough as nails so bash away!

My first Tekno was the awesome ET48.3 i built in September 2018. I was so impressed that 2 weeks later I had new EB48.4 and SCT410.3 kits waiting to be built. Work got in the way for a year, and this past December I added the EB410.2, then the ET410.2 and EB48 2.0 when they showed up at my LHS. The Truggy platform has always been my favorite, and Ive been patiently waiting for the new 2.0 ET to add to the ever growing RC garage .. When the TLR 8ight-XTE came out I had to grab one as well as the 8ight-E Elite to compare to the Tekno's, as Ive picked up the 22x4, 22 5.0 Elite, SCTE 3.0, 22T 4.0 over the last few months to compare to the Tekno rigs, and also added the B6.2. The Tekno models are still the best when it comes to being the most stout and hard to break even when crashing super hard. Just last week I hit a fence post with the front right wheel then right rear suspension arm, and the only part that had to be replaced was the two little plastic rear hinge pin holders. The pin did bend but was easily straightened till I got home where my replacements were, and the D block needed to be bent back straight, again till I got to my new replacement. I bought a tin of replacenent parts with every kit, arms, shock shafts, pins, shock towers etc, basically all moving parts and suspention related parts, and over 2 years later at least 90% of them are still in tge unopened packaging. I cant say the same thing about any of my other branded kits. Many of them may come with fancier carbon and aluminum goodies which Ive had to add to the Tekno kits, but these parts, like the carbon front shock tower on my 22x4 broke the first time I flipped over in a parking lot, where as the stock EB and ET410.2 towers can take tons of flips and not snap...

Anyway, getting back on track, I cant wait to add the new ET48 2.0 rig to the collection!! The EB 2.0 is amazing!!

The confirmation that a new version is indeed in the works is more than enough. Thanks for that.

I'd make this general announcement official if I were Tekno.

It'll have people waiting on the truck save their coin till it comes out, instead of losing hope and spend it on another kit altogether.

Better yet, have pre-orders put in place with an open delivery date.

Really wish they would make an announcement because I'm holding out until Christmas or its going be a mugen or serpent cobra truggy. Come out at least tell us its coming and a teaser pic!

Many thanks.

I have my pennies saved and will wait to see this before I spend them. I want to see if I can build this as a 6s speed machine. ESC location will most likely be what seals the deal. Finger crossed I can get the layout I'm looking for.

s

Question:

Will the ET 48 chassis be longer than the EB 48?

s

Many thanks.

I have my pennies saved and will wait to see this before I spend them. I want to see if I can build this as a 6s speed machine. ESC location will most likely be what seals the deal. Finger crossed I can get the layout I'm looking for.

s
I'm not spoiling any surprise here - The ET48 2.0 will have the chassis stretched in the rear just like the previous generation ET48 had. The chassis will look like the EB48 2.0 with an extended rear driveshaft.

Thanks Matt,

I'm very much looking forward to this new ET. Been wanting a truggy in the suite, and just waiting to see how this one is laid out.

Thanks.

s.

I'm not spoiling any surprise here - The ET48 2.0 will have the chassis stretched in the rear just like the previous generation ET48 had. The chassis will look like the EB48 2.0 with an extended rear driveshaft.

Sounds great! I just ordered an SCT410.3 and the truggy chassis/etc, to build a DB48... If you can make the ET48 2.0 able to take 12mm hexes and 2.2 wheels... And end up ~13.5 inches wide... You'd have a great start to the DB48 many of us want! ? ?

Recent Popular Liked

Back