• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

48.3 My first ET48.3...and first Tekno as well.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Looping67

Reaction score
Hi everyone. First of all, excuse my poor english, cause beeing French, it's not my native language...;)

After reading several topics about the ET48.3 and its preparation for bashing i decided to subscribe the forum to learn more and share experiences. So here's my ET. I plan to bash with it(but i'm not an extrem basher making 20 meters jumps...) but also practice on track(with different tyres and a different setup though) but not racing.
I chose an Hobbywing XR8+ as ESC. The motor is a WSLine 2000kv(4274) and the servo a WSLine 3408(30kg 0,09s on 7,4v). I mounted a 40mm fan(RC concept which is a dead brand now, i'll switch to WTF if it breaks) fixed with two Yeah Racing 41mm fan mount. I installed some options like the Tekno aluminium servo horn, aluminium center diff mount, +2mm wheel hubs, 44T metal spur gear, POS racing mud guards, front and rear bumpers, some anodised nuts. I also purchased the M2C(6905) solid center brace, rear horizontal brace(6981) and V3 tower brace(6971). I just not mounted the last 2 yet because the V3 tower brace, mandatory to fix the horizontal brace, was not available at the uk distributor, so i had to order it at Amain Hobbies. I haven't received it yet but it's on its way.
I chose not to purchase the M2C rear brace(6775) cause i won't make extrem bashing and i think it will be strong enough, plus it will be quicker to switch to track as the rear flex seems to be even more useful than the front. The tyres are Dboots Backflips 6s. The shock oil is out of the box but i put the orange rear spring. Maybe i'll put them in the front later on. I have 30k front/100k center/20k rear in the diffs.
I will be running on 4S(WSLine 8000 mAh 100c) so i decided to put a 15T pinion cause it was the smallest i could put with the original center brace. It give's me theorically 73km/h with my motor and tyres. Maybe it's a bit too much, i don't know... Due Covid19 outbreak we were locked till the 11th of May so i just made quick tests. I hope it won't get too toasty but in case i can gear down to 14T pinion now that i mounted the M2C center brace which has more clearance. The truck is currently 4527g whitout the battery(600g) and the v3 tower brace/rear horizontal brace. So i will be 5200g in the end i guess, i hope my gearing will be ok. Speaking weight, i used to set the brake at 50% on my buggy but it's not enough on the truggy in this configuration. I switched to 62,5% and it's better but maybe 75% would be even better due the extra weight(mainly cause of the wheels, i think with truggy wheels 62,5% is ok), what brake force do you use?
I like my body painting cause it was not done by myself but by the shop. I'm so bad at that!:LOL:
So that's all for now. Next a full test to check the temps, diffs and shocks setting, and mount my missing m2c braces.?
See you.
Thomas.
20200522_211546.jpg
20200522_211643.jpg

20200522_211731.jpg
20200522_211815.jpg

Last edited:
Salut Thomas,
Bienvenu sur le forum. Tres beau build! Ce Truggy est un monstre, tu ne peux que l’adorer.

i went the exact same route as you and my main use is bash-racing / racing friends at the park and on temporary tracks.
I Initially used the braces and jumped the thing, got tired of it and wanted to have its full potential for racing.
I now drive it almost exclusively on racing tires (i have Backflips and Backflips LP sleeping in the garage), i use 10/10/7 which is close to stock and with the rear tower brace v3 only. I do have an M2C chassis too though, so I’m slightly stiffer in theory, but it is hardly noticeable. I even bought a second ET48.3 to clear the doubt, ended up selling it since both had the exact same use.

This thing performs so well in stock form, it is addictive and I just never see myself turning it into bashing form anyone. I did keep all the m2c goodies just in case, and got the Backflips lp as a better handling compromise.

Enjoy!

Welcome, nice car..?

Salut Thomas,
Bienvenu sur le forum. Tres beau build! Ce Truggy est un monstre, tu ne peux que l’adorer.

i went the exact same route as you and my main use is bash-racing / racing friends at the park and on temporary tracks.
I Initially used the braces and jumped the thing, got tired of it and wanted to have its full potential for racing.
I now drive it almost exclusively on racing tires (i have Backflips and Backflips LP sleeping in the garage), i use 10/10/7 which is close to stock and with the rear tower brace v3 only. I do have an M2C chassis too though, so I’m slightly stiffer in theory, but it is hardly noticeable. I even bought a second ET48.3 to clear the doubt, ended up selling it since both had the exact same use.

This thing performs so well in stock form, it is addictive and I just never see myself turning it into bashing form anyone. I did keep all the m2c goodies just in case, and got the Backflips lp as a better handling compromise.

Enjoy!

Thanks for french words!? It took me time to determine which tyres would fit the ET for bashing. For the track we have here a Home brand which makes great tyres(and they still produce in France), 6mik, so i went for 6mik Rapid Truggy tyres. I don't know if one can find them in the US but their latest tyre Magma 2.0 is now the weapon of choice in Europe in 1/8 buggies racing.?
So for bahing i looked at the Proline Badlands 3.8(they have the same design as the Backflip i think, apart from de rim) but i found they were barely higher(149mm) than a standard truggy tyre(140-145 more or less). So when it comes to ground clearance, it's almost the same. So i chose the Backflips MT 6s which apparently many are using. They are not too wide compared to others, but clearly taller, and that's true they are quite heavy(i wheighted mine at 360g each). Maybe the Backflip LPs would have been a good choice, beeing a bit taller(155mm) than the Proline and probably lighter than the 6S version. Do you know their wheight maybe?
Well it seems they are sold out everywhere currently in Europe so i'll deal with my Backflip 6S first and switch to LPs later on if i'm not satisfied. We'll see.
I have a track not that far from home that is a bit small for a 1/8 truggy and a bit "wild" sometimes as it's half synthetic/half grass but it's convenient for me to go there. I have another one 50km from home which is a real 1/8 track but i never practiced there, i should try someday. Anyway it's not US like, giant and bautiful tracks!?

The small one
20200517_112418.jpg

And the big one

7a5e93bf-79b9-5905-a3c6-74687ed7fb1e.jpeg

Recent Popular Liked

Back