• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

410.3 Juan's SCT410.3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JuanDLAT78

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. SCT410
Driving Style
Basher
I will use this to keep track and log my SCT410.3.

My SCT started out as a new EB48SL kit that did not make it to completion before it got converted to a SCT410.3.
I liked the buggy look in pictures, but in person not so much. All I did was add the SCT front and rear bumpers and body post. It's still running 17mm hex for wheels.

I will edit or add more to this. Including pictures.

To be continued,

Pictures. Long over due. This is a JConcepts Truth Body. (I think)
It's for a slash, was never to happy with it. Even on the slash. Tires would stick out to far. But I'm running it until it's no longer usable. I have a Proline Ram 2500 that's next. The fit looks better.
IMG_0134.jpg
IMG_0135.jpg
IMG_0138.jpg

Castle Mamba Monster X with the 2200kv. Non Sensored.
IMG_0137.jpg

Running the Tekno narrow wheel hubs.
IMG_0136.jpg

Oh, I am running aluminum hinge pin braces. (all 4) Found them all for under $30. Could not pass that up. Those got installed around May-June.

Last edited:
Looking fwd. I had an sct410 right when they released but ended up selling off and going with a 1/8 AE buggy at the time, opposite of you hehe.

Waiting for pictures.
What surface(s) do you race it on? How does it compare to other brands? I have heard it's tough as nails, is it also heavier compared to others?

any progress?

I did the same thing kind of. I built the SL ran that for awhile then got the EB48.3 and decided I didn't want two buggies so I converted it to the SCT410.3. Still run 17mm hexes as well. Run normal sized SCT tires on the clay track but when I take to the outdoor track I slap some buggy wheels on it and love the way it drives that way!

I did the same thing kind of. I built the SL ran that for awhile then got the EB48.3 and decided I didn't want two buggies so I converted it to the SCT410.3. Still run 17mm hexes as well. Run normal sized SCT tires on the clay track but when I take to the outdoor track I slap some buggy wheels on it and love the way it drives that way!

I had issues with the buggy wheels & tires on my SCT last week. Thinking not as much sidewall as an SCT tire caused me some major grip issues. Back to 12mm hexes this week.

If you like the 17mm hex's, try the Tekno ones. You can use DE Racing SCT wheels that use 17mm hex's and standard SCT tires. The Tekno hex's keep the width legal for racing and within the body. I happen to use the Traxxas 17mm hex's. I got them before the Tekno ones were released. They are slightly (1mm or so) wider. Plus the 17mm hex's use the EB48SL stub axles which are much stronger than the SCT axles. I think the DE wheels are a bit stiffer as well.
https://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr5569-17mm-narrow-wheel-hubs-for-tkr5580-axles-lightened-wpins-2pcs/

http://www.deracing.net/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=270_302&product_id=303

Wow, I did not think I was gone this long. It sure felt shorter. I've just been really busy. My SCT410.3 is the only RC running at the moment. The rest need working on or parts. I've had no time to work on them. But I have been running my Tekno, one or two batteries weekly.
I have been running it since I started this thread. Nothing has broken so far.

Opening post updated with pictures.

Last edited:
Waiting for pictures.
What surface(s) do you race it on? How does it compare to other brands? I have heard it's tough as nails, is it also heavier compared to others?

I run it on everything from my driveway, streets, parks, empty lots. If theres room I drive it on. This is my first 4x4 SCT so I can't compare it to anything. Only had @2wd SCTs in the past.
Durability has been good. No parts replaced so far. I'm happy about that. I do have a spare spur, the original started to wear cause a small acorn got stuck between the chassis and spur. Wore it a little but I'm still running it.

Looks like we have another option for those of us running 17mm SCT wheels.
Pro-Line Raid wheels. They seem to have about 2-2.5mm difference in offset than the DE Racing Trinidad wheels. Will get wheels and tires tucked in a little more.
I don't have tires to mount and test. but here are some pictures comparing Raid and Trinidad wheels. I tried using the cameras grid option to line up the edges of the wheels. You can see the wheel hex sticking out more on the Raid. Hopefully this info helps someone.
IMG_0419.jpg
IMG_0424.jpg
IMG_0421.jpg
IMG_0425.jpg

Recent Popular Liked

Back