• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Hobbywing max10 sct problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bladefan

Reaction score
I believe I killed my esc but I can’t figure it out.

Was running on wet track and puddles. Killed my receiver because I forgot I hadn’t water treated the receiver box. After I replaced the radio I think it ran ok for a brief test run at home. When I got to track the next day it was completely dead. After cleaning it off, the esc/battery plug sparks when I touch it them together (not new- has always done this). And then when I power up, the light on the BUTTON flashes slowly. Nothing else happens however. No esc lights. No happy motor sounds. No steering. The new receiver is fine and the Servo works when connected to another esc/receiver.

Am I overlooking something simple or is it game over warranty time? It’s a relatively new, I bought at the beginning of summer

I don’t see anywhere in the manual that talks about the switch blinking

Is it possible you have the esc output to the receiver on the wrong channel or backwards? 1 to turn and 2 to burn. I think it's pretty universal that the signal wire is to the outside and the ground wire to the inside. I've done this before on a heli and it took me a while to realize my mistake.

Idk. It’s really strange. After I really cleaned it off it seemed to work ok. After rebuilding some the car and putting the electronics back in it did the what I’ve been describing. I was about to reverse the plugs about 15 seconds later and the esc powered up. I hadn’t touched anything after turning it on with the power button.

It appears to me to be due to the battery connector. Such bizarre behavior. My next step is to maybe fool with the t/deans prongs on the esc male side. And if I continue to have issues just change it out. But it’s soldered on there damn good right now and it seems to be working so I’m going to see what happens

Recent Popular Liked

Back