• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Heavy duty hinge pin inserts? (mine have becomes ovals quickly)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smirkracing

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB410
  2. EB48
  3. ET48
Driving Style
Basher
Hi All,

I tore down my ET48 for a complete clean-up and run-through today after its first 3 months of life. I'd estimate I've run about 30 packs through it, all bashing, with lots of small-ish jumps (6-8 feet high). It has seen lots of tumbles and hard landings, etc. Amazingly, nothing has broken and there isn't yet any noticeable increase in slop anywhere, except 1 spot: the hinge pin inserts.

It is easy enough to replace these, but it seems to be they are a bit soft for bashing. They probably work well for racing and provide just a little cushion and give in the event of a crash, but for bashing, they wear out too quickly. My inserts have ovals in them now, instead of circles.

Is there a heavy-duty hinge pin insert? Maybe something plastic? I guess I wouldn't want aluminum as I'd just be transferring stress and possible wear to a different spot, but something stiffer than the hard rubber might be the right balance.

Thanks.

Thanks a lot! I did not see this while searching. Perfect - will give these a try.

I prefer the stock ones and just replace them as needed. They need to be somewhat soft so they don't crack and fall apart.

Recent Popular Liked

Back