• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Finally built it after 3yrs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fasoole

Reaction score
Hey all, finally my car is ready but unfortunately after 1st 10mins its stopped running for overheating then it moves after resting for 1min and stops the next minute 🤦‍♂️

but here is what's on my car
Motor Rocket 4268 2000kv

Castle Creations Mamba Monster X Waterproof 1/8 Scale Brushless ESC

ProTek RC 170SBL Black Label High Speed Brushless Servo

Tekno RC CNC alloy steering plate

TEKNO RC aluminum servo horn

Tekno RC Aluminum Shock Caps

TEKNO RC LLC Spur Gear 44T Hardened Steel Lightened TKR5115 Gears & Differentials

Pinion 19mm

TBR XV4 Front Bumper

TBR Rear Mud Guards

TBR V3 Wheelie Bar

HRB lipo 4s 5000

It might be programing issue aswell because i don't feel the motor is really hot like i can touch it easily

Attachments

• 159D88CB-A6FF-4F2A-A8EC-4C58BF3160E3.jpeg
    159D88CB-A6FF-4F2A-A8EC-4C58BF3160E3.jpeg
    87.9 KB · Views: 84
my tekno

Attachments

• F294804F-CD48-4830-85CB-F67D107318FA.jpeg
    F294804F-CD48-4830-85CB-F67D107318FA.jpeg
    122.5 KB · Views: 77
Are you sure it's from overheating? Do you have an IR temp gun and know what actual temperatures are?

The esc should be giving a series of beeps in different combos of short and/or long. What is yours doing when it stops?

This is just me but this sounds more like LVC. Did you make any adjustments in the programing? Are you sure the battery is properly charged. Do you have a battery cell checker so you can see what the individual cell voltages are? You could have a bad cell causing LVC to kick in early even with a new battery. It happens

Are you sure it's from overheating? Do you have an IR temp gun and know what actual temperatures are?

The esc should be giving a series of beeps in different combos of short and/or long. What is yours doing when it stops?

This is just me but this sounds more like LVC. Did you make any adjustments in the programing? Are you sure the battery is properly charged. Do you have a battery cell checker so you can see what the individual cell voltages are? You could have a bad cell causing LVC to kick in early even with a new battery. It happens
Thanks for replying, I don't think it's LVC, I cool down the car for good 30mins and run it again for like 20mins on the exact batteries.

I tried the 2nd run to not push it very very hard.

Unfortunately i didn't have temp gun but i couldn't touch the motor because of the heat. (2nd try)

Fans and heatsink always good so I ordered one today, will ser what will happen

Attachments

• Error Tones X Series ESC 032618.pdf
    461.2 KB · Views: 94

Recent Popular Liked

Back