• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

ET48 street on-road tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smirkracing

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB410
  2. EB48
  3. ET48
Driving Style
Basher
Hey all

What tires do you like for on-road and street use?

Anyone using the Arrma Kraton tires? Those are about 6.3in in diameter.

I have the Outcast tires for off-road use and they are pretty good. They are just a bit tall (I think 6.8in) which creates a slight gearing issue but other than that they are tough and perform well. Seems like Arrma sources decent tires.

Usually I run prolines but interested in what folks like using.

Thanks!

Sweep racing. Belted.

That's pretty funny... thanks for sharing! If you hadn't said those were 'off road' I might have guessed those were the on-road tires.

I found few people not so happy with Sweep belted onroad. Low grip and sometimes exploding on 6S. With adaptors you could use the 1/5 onroad tyres, they are cheaper more resistant and with more grip (depending on the compund), for example:

http://www.spracing.it/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=24_28&products_id=1930

As seen in the pictures a couple replies above, i have Sweeps "offroad" wheels and tires, and while they really arent great offroad, they are awesome onroad. They will slide just enough to not traction roll unless im on really grippy pavement and turn really sharp off power. I would say they are by far the best on road 1/8 tires ive ever had for any of my buggies and truggies going back 25 years ro my Kyosho Inferno MP5 lol. Ive put probably 10 to 12 20 minute packs on them and they still have at least 85% tread left and abow zero signs of exploding or ballooning or failure in any way. I usually run 4s but am geared for around 55 to 60 mph, but have run a few packs on 6s at over 65mph. No complaints or issues at all. Im sold on them 100%.

I can thoroughly recommend these puppies from KKPIT - slightly larger than standard truggy wheels and tyres (142mm) with nice soft rubber and firm foams. They weigh 285 grams each.
16932496051614372759321047268666.jpg

This tire is designed to have a tread depth of 6MM, which is very durable, and used to have a red high quality sponge inside. But that one has been changed to a regular sponge. And of course the price has come down cheaper.

Recent Popular Liked

Back