• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

ET 48.3 vs 2.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blaze309

Reaction score
What are the major differences between the 48.3 and 2.0. Would it be a bad decision to pick up a used 48.3 over a 2.0?

Depends on your usage. Track racing or general bashing?
For the former you may find the refinements in the 2.0 make quite a difference. For the latter the 48.3 is more then adequate!

I'd planned on using it for racing but just getting into it all

Quick-change diffs make a big difference to me. I've already changed diff oil more often on my 2.0 buggy (in about 3 months of driving) than I did in my .3 truggy over 1-2 yrs. Of course changing diff oil isn't that hard on a .3 truggy either, but the 10 min savings just makes a lot of psychological difference.

Maybe the best of both worlds would be a used 2.0 vehicle. Not as many out there, and not as cheap, but there are a few folks selling for one reason or another.

If you're just getting into racing, the .3 will be perfectly fine, TEKNO does a really good job of supporting their legacy vehicles, but don't expect the LHS to carry parts for the discontinued car. For that reason alone I would recommend the 2.0 just to make sure you get local parts support.

Performance wise, the 2.0 offers more tuning options and is far more stable where the .3 ran into snap oversteer issues. You can push the 2.0 into corners with more confidence and your driving skill will improve faster with the 2.0.

I would only recommend the .3 if you're willing to go with mail order parts and are willing to sacrifice the performance where lap times will be comparable.. the 2.0 will be a pinch faster, but consistency will be a lot better with the 2.0 over the .3

Over time as your skill improves, you will notice that the difference in performance with the 2.0 is significant enough to make a difference.

Another school of thought is to get the .3 first, beat the snot out of it as you gain experience, then junk it when it's too expensive to replace everything that needs to be replaced and buy a 2.0 when your consistency is above the 93% mark ;)

There is no right or right answer, just a matter of personal preference.

I just bought a new EB 48 kit and wanted a truggy as well so was trying to save a little money. I'll see if I can't find a second hand 2.0 and if not I'll just buy a new kit.

Just my opinion I wouldn’t invest in a old platform sure there will be parts for the 48.3 for years but the 2.0 is fresh and upgraded in every thing a new kit is the way to go to me.

I just bought a new EB 48 kit and wanted a truggy as well so was trying to save a little money. I'll see if I can't find a second hand 2.0 and if not I'll just buy a new kit.
If you have the EB48 2.0 then it makes sense to go with the ET48 2.0 also, they share a lot of parts which may save you in a punch on the track one day.

Recent Popular Liked

Back