• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

edit...seller knows and fixing....PSA Aluminum Steering Top Plates on eBay

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cordell12

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. ET48
Driving Style
Basher
edit...seller knows and fixing...

I guess this is the best section for this post.

Recently a lot of us on a Facebook group have purchased an Aluminum Steering Top Plate for the Tekno RC's. This batch was milled improperly, and the holes for the steering posts are too deep. When tightened down, you have no steering it just locks up.

One may be able to add washers into the holes to make up for the deep mill, but for $30 I feel that is not the correct solution.

20180530_042919.jpg

Last edited:
I guess this is the best section for this post.

Recently a lot of us on a Facebook group have purchased an Aluminum Steering Top Plate for the Tekno RC's. This batch was milled improperly, and the holes for the steering posts are too deep. When tightened down, you have no steering it just locks up. The guy is still selling them on eBay under zackwagner2011.

One may be able to add washers into the holes to make up for the deep mill, but for $30 I feel that is not the correct solution.

View attachment 592
I believe @zmw513 is Zack but I'm not 100% sure. They were talking about the plates here.

https://www.teknoforums.com/threads/aluminum-plates-hubs.250/#post-2844

I believe @zmw513 is Zack but I'm not 100% sure. They were talking about the plates here.

https://www.teknoforums.com/threads/aluminum-plates-hubs.250/#post-2844

Yes, he now knows of the issue, reported it to his supply and we are working to get it fixed. Well get mine fixed, not the actually issue. thats between him and his supply.

Apparently there is another guy selling them as well, the supply and he has went into hiding.

Damn I thought it was just me tightening down to hard LOL! How should we go about fixing this?

Damn I thought it was just me tightening down to hard LOL! How should we go about fixing this?

Depends on who you bought it from. eBay, contact the seller.

some are just adding washers, so there is always that. add them into the hole that goes over the steering posts.

Depends on who you bought it from. eBay, contact the seller.

some are just adding washers, so there is always that. add them into the hole that goes over the steering posts.

Hmm, I bought mine from Zack directly. I’ll contact him and see what he says. Also I check on where to put the washers when I get home from work this evening.

Thanks

Hmm, I bought mine from Zack directly. I’ll contact him and see what he says. Also I check on where to put the washers when I get home from work this evening.

Thanks

Zach is a good guy, I figured the same as you, I thought I had tighten too much until I seen a post in a Facebook group. The guy that sold them on Facebook has vanished.

ah that is a bummer.
Unless i'm confused, it looks like in the picture the plastic stock one is the top and not the bottom so you can't tell the difference from that pic.

on the flip side, the plate I got actually isn't quite as DEEP there as the stock plate (opposite issue) so I have a bit of slop where the cranks can move up and down a little after it's tightened. i'm talking a millimeter of slop so it isn't an issue, just slightly annoying.

ah that is a bummer.
Unless i'm confused, it looks like in the picture the plastic stock one is the top and not the bottom so you can't tell the difference from that pic.

on the flip side, the plate I got actually isn't quite as DEEP there as the stock plate (opposite issue) so I have a bit of slop where the cranks can move up and down a little after it's tightened. i'm talking a millimeter of slop so it isn't an issue, just slightly annoying.

@RC_User
haha good catch, wrong picture Changed to a better picture. They were both them bottom side, but was hard to tell with the stock.

I'd rather have the slight slop than the no steering. Getting a new plate sent, seen a video of it installed so all should be well soon.

Last edited:
Zach is a good guy, I figured the same as you, I thought I had tighten too much until I seen a post in a Facebook group. The guy that sold them on Facebook has vanished.

Yeah I talked to Zack earlier and he is a very stand up gentleman. I will get a replacement and all should be good again.

Same problem here (n)
, I contact them (唐晓锋) asking for a solution and he answers: "need shims" , of course not included, so I look for that size at amain hobbies and I found this possible solution

Traxxas 4x6x.5mm Teflon Washer Set / TRA1549
Kyosho 4x6mm Shim Set / KYO96642

I order that parts but a dot know if it will solve the problem or not, besides that I have to wait at least 40 days for international shipping :mad::mad:

Same problem here (n)
, I contact them (唐晓锋) asking for a solution and he answers: "need shims" , of course not included, so I look for that size at amain hobbies and I found this possible solution

Traxxas 4x6x.5mm Teflon Washer Set / TRA1549
Kyosho 4x6mm Shim Set / KYO96642

I order that parts but a dot know if it will solve the problem or not, besides that I have to wait at least 40 days for international shipping :mad::mad:

I hope you can get it worked out with the shims, and understand your frustration.

Are the screws just setting too deep and making something bind? Can’t you just use shorter screws?....or is that not why?
I have two of these plates and they fit perfectly.

Are the screws just setting too deep and making something bind? Can’t you just use shorter screws?....or is that not why?
I have two of these plates and they fit perfectly.

The bottom holes are to deep on the steering post, pushes down on the post when tightened, stopping them from being able to turn. A shim seems to do the trick. Below is the maker/seller solution.

From Facebook a copy/paste.

唐晓锋
4*6*0.5mm shims * 4pcs

Recent Popular Liked

Back