• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

410.3 Dust and mud cover for the 410.3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeb

Reaction score
You can use the eb48 body under the sct body to protect the chassis in hostile environments. Haha

You can use the eb48 body under the sct body to protect the chassis in hostile environments. Haha
For some reason my pic files are too large to load...

A4482215-0335-4196-B9A6-982395A74445.jpeg
19A0ED10-032E-48C3-86AF-049B44072A65.jpeg

Yes you can, and my truck is forever packed inside. I've been told the M+ universal Dusty Covers shroud fits well too. Think I'm going that route. With 5min heats and 6min mains I have zero heat issues.

Yes you can, and my truck is forever packed inside. I've been told the M+ universal Dusty Covers shroud fits well too. Think I'm going that route. With 5min heats and 6min mains I have zero heat issues.
I don’t either. Esc usually around 90f and motor 115-20f. I did drill some small holes over the motor and esc just in case.

Dirt is fine, mud and gravel are hell on a spur. Heading to the track this morning

I still don't bother with a guard but I know exactly what you mean! Have been driving along and the car comes to a screeching halt because a rock is jammed between the spur and the pinion!. Usually you can just back the spur up by hand and the rock pops out. I have a spur gear where a smaller rock got caught in it, but it wasn't big enough to stop things. It ended up carving a groove down the center of the teeth. Still worked but was super loud then! LOL

I ran the cover today because we shoveled and raked, then dragged the entire track. I checked temps after a full pack. Motor was 158 and esc at 98. All good and my esc fan only had to be jumpstarted once. That’s the main thing that binds up in gritty conditions.

I ran the cover today because we shoveled and raked, then dragged the entire track. I checked temps after a full pack. Motor was 158 and esc at 98. All good and my esc fan only had to be jumpstarted once. That’s the main thing that binds up in gritty conditions.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TeknoRC/permalink/2055933087988244/

Maybe 10 degrees F on a 7 minute main, and 15 on a full pack at practice. Not enough to worry about.

Mud cover did it’s job, I couldn’t bare the idea of limping home with fully charged batteries. My electronics were safe and sound.
75757C2E-CB4E-4981-AF03-A76759387362.jpeg
32EF0C55-4F8E-4C4F-84F1-7AFBA28E9F1E.jpeg

Mud cover did it’s job, I couldn’t bare the idea of limping home with fully charged batteries. My electronics were safe and sound.

How do you go abouty cleaning after runs like this?
With my Kraton I would just grab the water hose, point and spray full throttle. Now that I have the et48 I am a little more concious of getting it wet, especially with the water hose. When I do hit it with the hose it's very lite misting and a toothbrush for that caked on mud. Then I bring the Tekno inside and point 2 fans at it. Any better ideas?

I had to resort to the garden hose. I still didn’t directly spray the electronics. Then I blew it dry with compressed air, then gave all the metal parts a light coating of wd-40. Everything seems to be fine. Sometimes you just gotta send it!

FF906B08-4F6F-4DE7-920A-CA033FED8729.jpeg
I had to resort to the garden hose. I still didn’t directly spray the electronics. Then I blew it dry with compressed air, then gave all the metal parts a light coating of wd-40. Everything seems to be fine. Sometimes you just gotta send it!
It needed a bath anyway...

Recent Popular Liked

Back