• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Duratrax badger/blinder for et48.3 light basher!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VRC

Reaction score
Hello,
Is or does anyone have any experience with these? I run in gravel, grass. How did they hold up?

Thnx,

Hello,
Is or does anyone have any experience with these? I run in gravel, grass. How did they hold up?

Thnx,
Yep, have both in my tire collection.

Badgers are better on hard dirt to asphalt.
Blinders are better for pure off roading, softer dirt. Not too sure about grass, likely to be ok.

Pro:
I like the very reasonable size (thus not too heavy as well) and price. For the money, they do handle well.
Love the zero offset rims.
They also look pretty good on the truck.

Con:
Quality is not great though, Inserts are very soft, which helps handling, but I have doubts regards to how well they will age.
Rims are a bit flimsy, could have used a bit more plastic.
Overall wheel came very unbalanced and required a lot of clay to balance right.
You will not be competitive on the track with those tires.

Conclusion :
If you’re looking for a cheaper alternative to either casually race or improve track time, then they are not a good option.
If you’re looking at exclusively bashing , yet keep a decent handling and possibly have a do it all tire. Then the Badgers could be a great option.
For gravel and grass, would probably go the Blinders’s route.

No surprise, you get what you pay for. Although my post sounds a bit negative, i do use them quite often! Which at the end of the day is really the only measure success.

Reactions: VRC
Yep, have both in my tire collection.

Badgers are better on hard dirt to asphalt.
Blinders are better for pure off roading, softer dirt. Not too sure about grass, likely to be ok.

Pro:
I like the very reasonable size (thus not too heavy as well) and price. For the money, they do handle well.
Love the zero offset rims.
They also look pretty good on the truck.

Con:
Quality is not great though, Inserts are very soft, which helps handling, but I have doubts regards to how well they will age.
Rims are a bit flimsy, could have used a bit more plastic.
Overall wheel came very unbalanced and required a lot of clay to balance right.
You will not be competitive on the track with those tires.

Conclusion :
If you’re looking for a cheaper alternative to either casually race or improve track time, then they are not a good option.
If you’re looking at exclusively bashing , yet keep a decent handling and possibly have a do it all tire. Then the Badgers could be a great option.
For gravel and grass, would probably go the Blinders’s route.

No surprise, you get what you pay for. Although my post sounds a bit negative, i do use them quite often! Which at the end of the day is really the only measure success.
Thnx for answer!
I’m mainly bashing…creating small tracks in bash spots. I’m not a send it person. I do appreciate handling, although atm I’m not racing. Just want to enjoy some freetime with the truggy. Do you have any suggestions for tires that age well? Can handle multi terrain? Once again thnx!

1. Truggy racing tires in medium compound to increase longevity
  2. Badlands on a zero offset rim (e.g. Truggy racing rim) is a great setups as well. More pricy though, but could be your ultimate basher tire for performance.
  3. The Blinders could work well.
  4. The go-to Backflips LP should be considered as well, although they are taller and more on the basher side of things. But they are really good as well.
That would probably be my order of preference.

I was looking at those as well but I didn't have the best of luck with my Lockup 2.8 MT, the foams basically disintegrated after 6 months so I went with the Backflip LP they are a great tire and well worth the price.

I was looking at those as well but I didn't have the best of luck with my Lockup 2.8 MT, the foams basically disintegrated after 6 months so I went with the Backflip LP they are a great tire and well worth the price.
Thnx, I’ve a set of the backflips. They are good but they weren’t that durable for my driving style. More racing bashing. The sidewall tore after a few months of pretty light driving. If they were cheaper I would probably stick with them. I may have to if I can’t find anything else to work.

A lot of the sidewall failures on the backflip LP’s are from diffing out, I use BFLP’s on a lot of my mid size truggy‘s on 6s and the only two I have blown out was from newer rigs I hadn’t adjusted diffs on and the factory was set way to open.
having said that, I don’t run the BFLP’s on my pure speed builds where I’m looking for max turn steering and some want a lot of rear wheel power slide control on higher traction like grass. the BFLP can actually have a bit too aggressive grip on some of my lighter rigs in grass, it can cause traction rolling etc. on my lighter Truggy builds I don’t want to run a full size CH2, BFLP (HP’s) i have had good success running the Blinders or the Belted Katar T’s. I initially thought the badgers and blinders initially to be the same tire with only a slightly different tire tread design Separating them, but there are more differences.. The Badgers are a narrower width width then the Blinders, and have a more pronounced curved contact patch in addition to a much less aggressive tread. The Badgers seam like a general use Truggy tire design that will run on a lot of surfaces, but none I found all that well, the Blinder on the other hand is fatter and has a more motor cross style lug, they hook up really good on grass or dirt and look much better. The rims are the same however and there not going to hold up like a Dboots katar or BF, so I wouldn’t think about either on anything hovering too close to 10 pounds.
To make the comparison easy, I lined up my Hobao hyper Truggy, Tekno mt41/48.3 hybrid, and Et48 2.0 from left to right wearing the Blinders, Badgers, and belted Katars. I don’t plan to run the badgers on my 2.0, I just threw them on for the comparison. if you need to see them compared to a BFLP let me know. the 3 options are all good tires, but it depends on what characteristics you need

Attachments

• A6A9980A-D5CA-46CC-8569-23F2A1A1B43B.jpeg
    A6A9980A-D5CA-46CC-8569-23F2A1A1B43B.jpeg
    125.2 KB · Views: 114
A lot of the sidewall failures on the backflip LP’s are from diffing out, I use BFLP’s on a lot of my mid size truggy‘s on 6s and the only two I have blown out was from newer rigs I hadn’t adjusted diffs on and the factory was set way to open.
having said that, I don’t run the BFLP’s on my pure speed builds where I’m looking for max turn steering and some want a lot of rear wheel power slide control on higher traction like grass. the BFLP can actually have a bit too aggressive grip on some of my lighter rigs in grass, it can cause traction rolling etc. on my lighter Truggy builds I don’t want to run a full size CH2, BFLP (HP’s) i have had good success running the Blinders or the Belted Katar T’s. I initially thought the badgers and blinders initially to be the same tire with only a slightly different tire tread design Separating them, but there are more differences.. The Badgers are a narrower width width then the Blinders, and have a more pronounced curved contact patch in addition to a much less aggressive tread. The Badgers seam like a general use Truggy tire design that will run on a lot of surfaces, but none I found all that well, the Blinder on the other hand is fatter and has a more motor cross style lug, they hook up really good on grass or dirt and look much better. The rims are the same however and there not going to hold up like a Dboots katar or BF, so I wouldn’t think about either on anything hovering too close to 10 pounds.
To make the comparison easy, I lined up my Hobao hyper Truggy, Tekno mt41/48.3 hybrid, and Et48 2.0 from left to right wearing the Blinders, Badgers, and belted Katars. I don’t plan to run the badgers on my 2.0, I just threw them on for the comparison. if you need to see them compared to a BFLP let me know. the 3 options are all good tires, but it depends on what characteristics you need
Thnx for this! Ya the bflp’s ripped the sidewalls from slides in rocky ground. I live in Reno Nevada and there’s a lot of dusty rocky terrain. So, tire selection is more about being able to handle bashing in tough environments.

Recent Popular Liked

Back