• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Diff Rebuild

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnyG60

Reaction score
Hi All,

Wondering what everyone does to clean the diff cups out when rebuilding?

Is there a product that will completely remove the diff fluid? Or do you just let them sit upside down overnight?

Thanks all

Hi All,

Wondering what everyone does to clean the diff cups out when rebuilding?

Is there a product that will completely remove the diff fluid? Or do you just let them sit upside down overnight?

Thanks all

I use some low cst silicone oil to take out the heavy stuff then just turn the diff upside down overnight.

I use some low cst silicone oil to take out the heavy stuff then just turn the diff upside down overnight.
I like this idea. I have heard this a few times now. Using like 50cst silicone to dilute the thick stuff.

I've used brake cleaner, carb cleaner and Nitro Clean. Obviously these are all volatile solvents. I really like the idea of low viscosity silicone oil. Diff fluid is silicone based and from high school chemistry, "like dissolves Like".

I'll have to give this a try. Thanks for the info.

I've never really worried about making my diffs in any of my rigs squeaky clean and I don't see the point? Just get as much out as you can then get a paper towel and rub out the remainder, refill, and go! There wouldn't be enough in there to make a difference :)

QD electronic cleaner from the auto part store. its plastic safe and dissolves silicone fluid.

Recent Popular Liked

Back