• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Connector Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stankfinger76

Reaction score
I’m currently building a Tekno MT 410 kit. I plan on running a 4S battery with the motor/ESC setup I chose for it. I’m trying to decide which plugs/connectors to run. I’m deciding between the XT90 or the actual Deans brand plugs. I ran deans on my AE 18th scale Truggy with Lipo and brushless motor. Curious about ease of soldering with the XT90 also. The deans were pretty simple from what I remember. Thanks in advance.

Deans have quite a bad reputation while XT90 are some of the best... I would not hesitate.

Here is a quick tip: while you solder the XT90 (not difficult). Leave male and female plugged together. If you over heat the connectors and start melting the plastic around them, the other side of the connector will keep everything aligned and prevent the plastic from distorting.

I wouldn't use Deans for 4 or 6s, but that's just my opinion.

I'd recommend using either XT90 or EC5 connectors. Both are pretty darn easy to solder.

I am likely to make that change to XT90. I have used XT60 and EC3 in the past and they seem very similar in function but XT wins with re-usability. Also, I found the EC3s to work with. Assembly isn't that easy and they are tough to unplug. I had one pair of EC5 connectors and they were much easier to unplug so maybe this is not much of an issue.

Recent Popular Liked

Back