• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Break in Period?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoadWarrior

Reaction score
I have finally received my much awaited EB48 2.0. The build is almost complete. Just waiting on delivery of the Tekno servo horn. I am currently using the plastic one just to set things up.
Are there certain steps I should take or certain things I should do when I take it out the first few times? 50% throttle?
I imagine there are people who can't wait to get it dirty and have it fly through the air but I thought I would do the right thing if there is a right thing.

Any feedback is much appreciated.

IMO not with electric, as long as you are confident with your electronics and wiring...let if fly!

Really the main things that will be breaking in are the internal diff gears, ring and pinions outdrives, and other main pivot points.

Bearings will tend to "break in" and feel smoother after the initial build but you don't need to baby it.

Be worth checking all screws are nice and tight after 5-10 mins. Especially the threadlocked ones.

The only break in I could suggest would be for you especially if RC is new to you. Easy on the throttle as you learn how it handles and steers going away and coming toward you, the distance needed to slow down or stop.

I got my dad a rig a year or so ago and he still can't grasp that there is something other than 0 and 100% throttle.

Hitting stuff and cartwheeling at full clip generally doesn't end well.

I see a lot of people especially now getting rigs that I wouldn't consider entry level. I'm not suggesting this is you but it can lead to frustration and leaving the hobby after a large outlay of cash.

Have fun

The only break in I could suggest would be for you especially if RC is new to you. Easy on the throttle as you learn how it handles and steers going away and coming toward you, the distance needed to slow down or stop.

I got my dad a rig a year or so ago and he still can't grasp that there is something other than 0 and 100% throttle.

Hitting stuff and cartwheeling at full clip generally doesn't end well.

I see a lot of people especially now getting rigs that I wouldn't consider entry level. I'm not suggesting this is you but it can lead to frustration and leaving the hobby after a large outlay of cash.

Have fun

Yeah, I'm new to hobby and realising I have a Ferrari, but can't drive.

Going slow and rolling over big jumps at the track is still loads of fun. We have a 4 hump jump at my club, which you can do in two jumps. I'm just jumping the smaller ones now, having learned the hard way. Still loads of fun, and it's better to go slow than crash. A crash is slower and more expensive..as my gearbox and hinge pin orders show.

Recent Popular Liked

Back