• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Basher buggy build: ET48 to EB48 conversion? Parts list?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smirkracing

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB410
  2. EB48
  3. ET48
Driving Style
Basher
Hey all,

I have an et48 and love it. Believe or not, it is so incredibly capable that I just can’t find enough terrain to keep things interesting. And, the size/power are a bit intimidating for the parks where I run (very crowded around me, no open spaces).

So, I figure I will try a “monster buggy basher” which is a little smaller and a little more nimble, and can be run in more local spots.

Does anyone have the parts conversion list to go from truggy (et48.3) to buggy (eb48.4)?

I think I need:
Suspension arms
Driveshafts
Steering and camber links

That seems like a thin list - am I missing anything?

Maybe some bearings in case the universals are different from the cvds on the truggy?

Anything else?

Of course, chassis and rear center driveshaft.

It would be cheaper to use EB48.3 parts. You can find the chassis cheaper and you don’t have to purchase hinge pin blocks and hubs/spindles/carriers.

Chassis from EB48.3/MT410/SCT410.3
Front & rear shock towers
Buggy springs & shock pistons
Suspension arms
Small center rear driveshaft
CVD driveshafts
Rear chassis brace
Camber links
Steering links
Sway bars
Body posts

The diffs are different as well but that’s not a requirement.

9/40, ET48.3
10/40, EB48.3
12/40, EB48.4

Last edited:
Hey all,

I have an et48 and love it. Believe or not, it is so incredibly capable that I just can’t find enough terrain to keep things interesting. And, the size/power are a bit intimidating for the parks where I run (very crowded around me, no open spaces).

So, I figure I will try a “monster buggy basher” which is a little smaller and a little more nimble, and can be run in more local spots.

Does anyone have the parts conversion list to go from truggy (et48.3) to buggy (eb48.4)?

I think I need:
Suspension arms
Driveshafts
Steering and camber links

That seems like a thin list - am I missing anything?

Maybe some bearings in case the universals are different from the cvds on the truggy?

Anything else?
I actually went the opposite route and converted an EB48.2 into an ET. I am going to be listing the buggy “take-off” items on eBay and can forward you the link if you are interested. May be a cheaper route for you.

Seems like 2 totally different rigs to do a conversion. It'd be a ton of work, and not many pieces are reused. I mean it's doable. IMO i'd grab a EB roller / slider. The other option is getting the swb chassis (mt410 / sc / eb ), rear dogbone, rear brace, and run an MT410 style rig. Bumpers/ shock towers / body posts if you want. I ran ET towers and shortened the ET body

Recent Popular Liked

Back