• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Badlands mx38s review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fnfancy

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
I know there's countless tire threads but I wanted to share my Proline MX38 experience. Just too much grip! For a truck built line the mt instant grip isn't the best thing, a little slip can go a long way. They are a great tire though, they might have a home in my erevo 2.0, which reminds me. The Traxxas talons ext actually does pretty well on the mt. My go to is still the Proline Trenchers, I'll try regular 3.8 badlands as well. Isn't that what Tekno recommends, that or shockwaves? The just seem so small on there though, ha.

@Fnfancy thanks for sharing your thoughts and review on the MX38 tires. Much appreciated.

I did the MX28s on my Typhon (converted to MT/Truggy). I can agree it is almost too much bite. I actually traction roll the thing quite often, which is ridiculous considering it has a lower center of gravity than most MTs. But they do dig, which is nice. I have Shockwaves on my Erevo 1 and they are awesome. I'd try those. I would've bought them for my Typhon too, but they didn't come in the size I needed.

Heat has been my issue with the mx38 tires. Im now running the Tekin RX8 gen 3 and 1550 kv gen 3 truggy motor. Geared at 14/44 and an outside temp of 40*, it still hit 139* on the motor and 143* on the esc. Neither one has a fan yet. I truely hoped that the 1550kv motor would help with the heat. That was about a 15 min run until my fingers were numb, plus it was dark. The tires do provide an incredible amount of forward bite. Just about any added throttle at any speed will bring on a wheelie. I like that they have a lot of cush on big jumps, but I'm afraid they are just too heavy and hard on the electronics. Going back to the standard badlands. I do think if the tires were narrow like the arma dboots backflips, there would be no problems. I dont get why proline makes all of their tires so dang wide.

So I agree that the mx38's are too wide causing too much grip and too much weight.

Recent Popular Liked

Back