• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Are rims and tires from different vendors compatible?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freelosophy

Reaction score
I got a mt410 and granite and have learned a lot and screw up a lot too lol. Anyway, am set to get an EB410.2 got everything picked out (I think) except tires. Both rigs I have use monster tires and all four are the same size. I see the EB410.2 uses different size tires for the front and rear. I'll be racing on a dirt track and I've checked out the proline blockade 2.2 and they look great and I recognized them from other buggies at t he track, so am good with those.
If someone could help me out with a little knowledge. Why are tires different sizes for the buggys from front and rear? And can I use the blockades 2.2 tires with say jconcepts 12mm wheels or do they need to be the same manufacturer even though they are both 1/10 scale. Finally, need to get a set of tires for the buggy, so what rims go nicely with the blockade 2.2. I've hesitated jumping into racing scene, but hell I found a track about 35 minutes away so am gonna give it a shot. much appreciate any feedback ! thanks.

As to why they're different sizes on buggies who knows, it's always been that way that I remember. It may be mimicking full scale vehicles. Because 4wd is both steering and driving in front they'll be a little wider than 2wd. Rears will be the same. Brands don't matter as long as you stay in the same size/type family. The EB410 uses a TLR offset so look for wheels that specifically marked for the EB410 or marked for the TLR 22-4. I've stuck with DE Racing because they're clearly marked.

I check around and read that smaller tires in the front allow for better turns. thanks for the feedback nub !

Recent Popular Liked

Back