• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Advice for Painting Wheel Fenders and Hood Grill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

full_of_fit

Reaction score
I bought a second F-150 Raptor Body, since my first one I painted black because I had over spray from trying to paint the hood grill and the wheel wells. I don’t know if you guys have any advice. I have the 3mm, 6mm and 9mm tape but last time the paint still bled through. I’ve watched a lot of YouTube videos but I’d like some advice from you guys. Thank you in advance ?

Awesome, Thank you so much for the link, I just ordered it!

I cut the protective layer on the outside where I wanted black and carefully pealed it off. I then used black plastidip spray to spray the bed and the grill in the outside of the body. That Matt black looked great. I’m going to get one of those indestructible bodies and paint it kn the outside with colored plastidip. Lexan bodies don’t hold up for me.

Let us know if that holds up. I hear that paint doesn’t adhere to those bodies. I have one and would like to paint it also.

I ended up just painting the lower body white. I painted the windows and the truck bed black, below is a picture next to my sons rustler before bashing ?

AB9C9AA6-E016-4A30-B154-533E50A98478.jpeg

Recent Popular Liked

Back