• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

410.3 Short Course Trug-Bug SL?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirt Booger

Reaction score
With the SCT410.3 going for $280 (w/ Tower coupon) I couldn't resist and added one to the collection.

As much as SCT bodies look cool, they are functionally quite poor so I was hoping to fit a Lead Finger ET410 body, but it surprisingly turned out to be quite a bit too short. I think an ET48 body will fit with some trimming so that may be in the works.

sct-3.jpg

Tekno 17mm hub adapters (as I have tons of 17mm wheels).
Tekno SL wing kit and wing
Tekno 44t steel spur gear
Castle Creation Mamba X ESC (running 4s)
Holmes Hobbies 2100kv Puller Pro 540-L motor w/ 17t pinion
HiTec 7955TG servo running on 7.4v
Castle Creation 10a BEC
Sprung for 4500 4s battery, still 1/2lb lighter than EB48!

Initial shakedown/break in went well, this thing screams! Accelerates and brakes superbly, probably due to the light weight. Much better than the Mugen Truggy which busted a lower arm....:cry:

Excited to finish this beast up and get it on a track.

sct-1.jpg

sct-4.jpg

Nice.

I got a EB48 body from Lead Finger, it's in the paint shop now.

With the SCT410.3 going for $280 (w/ Tower coupon) I couldn't resist and added one to the collection.

As much as SCT bodies look cool, they are functionally quite poor so I was hoping to fit a Lead Finger ET410 body, but it surprisingly turned out to be quite a bit too short. I think an ET48 body will fit with some trimming so that may be in the works.

View attachment 8949

Tekno 17mm hub adapters (as I have tons of 17mm wheels).
Tekno SL wing kit and wing
Tekno 44t steel spur gear
Castle Creation Mamba X ESC (running 4s)
Holmes Hobbies 2100kv Puller Pro 540-L motor w/ 17t pinion
HiTec 7955TG servo running on 7.4v
Castle Creation 10a BEC
Sprung for 4500 4s battery, still 1/2lb lighter than EB48!

Initial shakedown/break in went well, this thing screams! Accelerates and brakes superbly, probably due to the light weight. Much better than the Mugen Truggy which busted a lower arm....:cry:

Excited to finish this beast up and get it on a track.

View attachment 8950

View attachment 8951
The Mugen has a pretty short wheelbase huh? Nice trucks! I built my sct410.3 to try and utilize both 3 and 4s..I've found 3s to be plenty for my small area, 4 was just crazy. Enjoy🍻

Looks great, I think I am going to do a similar build as I bought a second SC to the fleet at the tower $280 price, can’t beat the price.

Recent Popular Liked

Back