• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Wheel Rubbing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rfulcher

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB410
  2. ET48
  3. ET410
  4. MT410
  5. SCT410
Driving Style
Basher
I just noticed something in my car, and it is the front wheels rubbing on the turnbuckle. I tried two sets of wheels, and they both are rubbing. I have the Tekno aluminum hexs and I check I do have the single TKR1229 washer like is in the manual. Am I doing something wrong? I did get the TKR5571A Hexs. Do I need to get TKR1654X? The Wheels are standard 4WD front wheels, I think they were AE wheels.

IMG_4434.jpegIMG_4433.jpegIMG_4432.jpegIMG_4435.jpeg

Thanks

I looked in the manual and maybe I made a mistake and put the wong end on TKR6253 vs TKR6253B?

yup, you want the offset end pointed to the inside/center of the wheel as shown here:
https://www.teknoforums.com/threads/build-review-eb48-2-0.1864/post-15877
Is that a mistake in the manual? I only have two of the offsets like that, and they are shown in my manual that they go on the back. (As a side note page 9 shows the building of the camber links and does not show the offset in the building picture, then the following picture shows putting on links with offsets.)

Screen Shot 2022-08-19 at 10.54.43 AM.png

I don't have another set of the offset like that for the front, my manual does not show that. Page 13 and 14 don't show any offsets for the front.

Ok, so I guess I will need to get some of them and replace them?

Thanks for the tip

That doesn't look right. I don't think it's the link but I can look at mine when I get home. Those wheels are 2.2? The wheels to use with the EB410 are the TLR 22-4 offset. The Associated offset is deeper. I think you would have to run a +1 hex to use the AE wheels.

That doesn't look right. I don't think it's the link but I can look at mine when I get home. Those wheels are 2.2? The wheels to use with the EB410 are the TLR 22-4 offset. The Associated offset is deeper. I think you would have to run a +1 hex to use the AE wheels.
I think you are right, I have the wrong wheels and did not know it. I came across this TKR6553X – Adjustable Ackermann Spindles, and that started me thinking. I got the wrong wheels to work with the stock spindles.

Screen Shot 2022-08-19 at 1.22.27 PM.png

So I am going to order them, and then that will give me lots of options. I feel kinda dumb!!!!

Meh. It's one of those things that's clear as mud. The manual could be more specific on the additional items list where it just says 10th scale buggy wheels and tires. Most of the companies that make wheels make no mention of Tekno fitment. I stumbled on to DE Racing and they do specifically mention Tekno so they get my money. They're also one of the few that offer something other than white and yellow, I prefer black. I use them on the EB48 also.

Recent Popular Liked

Back