• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Wheel Hexes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyUs

Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB48
  2. ET410
  3. SCT410
The wheels I'm using are Pro-Line's Renegades PRO2725-03 intended for use on the HPI Blitz, Ultima SC6, Jammin SCRT 10, and other RCs that use the Traxxas Slash (rear)/Slash 4x4 offset.

The problem? Tekno's wheel hexes (stock TKR5571M) are not wide enough and/or the Pro-Line wheels have too much material; making the wheel's socket too deep. When I go to tighten the wheel nuts, the extra plastic that is .41~.70mm above the wheel hex (in picture) rubs on the hubs. So annoying.

Tekno's TKR1654X aluminum +1mm hex adapters arrived today. The TKR1654X hexes measure about 5.51mm wide (including the raised lip). If it was not for that little extra lip on the +1mm hex, there still could possibly be an issue with binding on the hubs. Anticipating this, I have ordered 6mm wide hexes.

I wonder if a little Dremel work to take out the extra less than 1mm would be another workaround. Not that anyone wants to mess around with doing that to new wheels...but just an idea.

I wonder if a little Dremel work to take out the extra less than 1mm would be another workaround. Not that anyone wants to mess around with doing that to new wheels...but just an idea.
That idea had crossed my mind, but was my last resort. I still may give the Dremel a shot at trimming the center of the wheels at a later date. I was really was looking forward to using the stock steel hexes. I'll just use them with my ST wheels I suppose ;).

Tekno's TKR1654X aluminum +1mm hex adapters arrived today. The TKR1654X hexes measure about 5.51mm wide (including the raised lip). If it was not for that little extra lip on the +1mm hex, there still could possibly be an issue with binding on the hubs. Anticipating this, I have ordered 6mm wide hexes.
View attachment 2240
Hey dude.. But this 12mm... For proline badlands 3.8 you need 17mm

View attachment 2240
I have alsow a same problem. Im tight the wheel nuts and tha wheel not turning. I put shims...it is make a gap

Recent Popular Liked

Back