• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Tried some top speed runs...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Supradude26

Reaction score
So i decided to compare my EB48.4 top speed to my Losi 8ight-e 4.0 today. The EB is setup to run on 4s with a Tekin Gen3 2650kv motor and a Gen3 RX8, while the Losi was pretty much built to see how fast i could go with a Castle 2000kv and Mamba Monster 2 running on 6s, which was a pair of 3s Traxxas 5000mah batteries. Not the best but its what i have. The Tekno has Protek LiHV Graphene 6500mah 100c 4s batteries which are far better. Both cars ran 23 tooth pinions, and the rest of the gearing is stock. Only mods to the Tekno is the M2C Racing aluminum diff housings and rear brace, and a bunch of holes drilled in the rear wing. I also took the rear mud guards off. On the Losi I trimmed all of the kick up off the rear wing to eliminate drag which helped a ton. Both cars ran the same foam tires. The Tekno hit 69.7 and the Losi was 88.2. I know the Tekno would be faster on 6s simply because of the gearing difference and faster motor, even though Tekin says not to run 6s on the 2650kv. Ill try a couple passes just to see what it will do before it gets too hot. I just have to make an adapter to run the traxxas batteries. I also had to modify the Losi motor mount to fit anything bigger than a 20 tooth by filing out the hole so the motor would slide farther away from the spur gear, while I can easily fit a 25 or 26 on the Tekno without filing the hole out.. My goal is to try and hit 100 with it by only using 6s and a bigger pinion. Im thinking a 26 tooth will do it if i trim the wing down...
20190421_195949.jpg
20190421_195933.jpg
20180819_193450.jpg

Last edited:
@Supradude26 , how is the buggy body doing at those speed?

Do you see any reason to get a speed body that covers the wheels at one point? Just curious.

With the foam tires its actually not too bad as long as you have a good road with a lot of space just in case something goes wrong.

Hey @Supradude26 ,

Sorry for reviving this old thread, I am myself building (again) an on-road EB84.4 and am curious to understand the setup you had for this rig.

I am personally going for:
* Unchanged camber at - 2 deg
* heavily lowered ride
* stiffer springs on all corners
* front toe = 0
* increased fluid weight in center & front diffs

What about ?
* caster?
* rear toe?

All comments are welcome.

Recent Popular Liked

Back