• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

SCT410.3 electronics setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megafandrew

Reaction score
Hey there I know it’s been discussed before as I’ve read into it a bit. Question. I’ve just got myself a nice SCT410.3 it’s still on its way in the mail. I believe it’s setup with a HobbyWing 3660SL 3200kv motor and a max10 sct esc. Will this be a good setup on the truck? Or should I look into selling that setup and going another route? The truck will be used as sport on ur outdoor track and then just general bashing around a bit. I did think of going with a 4S setup since I have so many 4S packs light weight ones for my buggy and truggy.

What would be a good 4S setup to go with if going that route? I’ve read a 1800kv and 4S esc is a good place to start for efficient running. If so I had a buggy I was thinking of selling. It has a Castle 1800kv 1512 motor and Mamba X esc 4S. Would this work for me if repurposed? Sorry if these questions have been answered before.

If it has the esc motor combo you think it does it would be a fun runner on 3S if you have the batteries to fit already. To go 4S my first step would be checking to see if what I have fits in the tray. The Mamba X and 1512 would be fine but you would need to replace the sliding part of the motor mount for the larger diameter can. TKR5211X. I run mine on a Mamba X 1415 2400KV 4S and it's the bee's knees

I run mine with a 3674 motor in 2400kv, 4s, 15t pinion. Very happy with the result. It is slightly less torquey than a 4068 motor (and for the better).

@Megafandrew ,

The sct410 has diffs with 10:40 reduction ration whereas the newer tekno buggies are at 12:40. Reusing a buggy combo will give you a conservative / low overall driveline ratio which you can easily compensate with a larger motor pinion.

If it has the esc motor combo you think it does it would be a fun runner on 3S if you have the batteries to fit already. To go 4S my first step would be checking to see if what I have fits in the tray. The Mamba X and 1512 would be fine but you would need to replace the sliding part of the motor mount for the larger diameter can. TKR5211X. I run mine on a Mamba X 1415 2400KV 4S and it's the bee's knees
Cool thanks for the info sounds like you have a nice setup on 4s. If I go this route I’ll look into the motor plate you listed. I think I’ll try the truck as is it may be good enough seems like a good setup. I may have to invest in a 3s pack or two.

I run mine with a 3674 motor in 2400kv, 4s, 15t pinion. Very happy with the result. It is slightly less torquey than a 4068 motor (and for the better).

@Megafandrew ,

The sct410 has diffs with 10:40 reduction ration whereas the newer tekno buggies are at 12:40. Reusing a buggy combo will give you a conservative / low overall driveline ratio which you can easily compensate with a larger motor pinion.
Nice sounds great I’ll look into a similar setup I think eventually. I would like the efficiency of 4S plus I’ve got a few of SMC Graphene small 4S packs for my 1/8 buggy.

Thanks for that info on the diffs and drive ratio. That would work ok then geared up a bit. I like the Castle system in the Kyosho and it is sensored setup as well.

I’ll share some pictures when the truck finally arrives. Mail is so slow especially the USA to Canada 😂

Recent Popular Liked

Back