• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Properly Broken In.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muttb0ne

Reaction score
I've a common Hobbywing Max8 Combo with the 2200kv motor on a 15T pinion.

Very near me is a public park with a handful of baseball diamonds, though there is a long stretch of gravel road I thought led to them, so I took my Tekno onto it for a speed blast. Turns out, at the end is a BMX track with MANY 2-5' mogul jumps. Of course I had to test my truck on them, as no one was around.

Seems to be red-packed clay with a fine loam over the entire track. I currently am running a 7200mAh pack, an completely destroyed my shell jumping all that I got lined up for. My motor can was hot to the touch after heavy blasting for nearly 25 minutes, but not so much I couldn't keep my flesh on it, an in all my decades of RC, nothing, not one thing, broke! Body was worse for wear on a couple pilon-driven landings, but no lexan can keep that intact on a 30mpg nose-hard landing on an 11lb truck, lol.

I've never been this impressed with the nigh-indestructability of this kit. Not even a screw was loose or backed off.

Only thing I would improve is the front bumper from the stock kit. As it is, I'm running the popular Ford Raptor body, an the front bumper dug itself behind the body on a nose-landing, thus splitting the lexan there in the front.

Other than that, no issues with 20-30ft jumps! If anything, I need to reprogram the esc to not brake as hard, as in this case, the truck front-endo-ed FAR too easily.

Gotta love Tekno!

Ya man I’ve been launching my mt410. It’s such a tank. I’ve done some pretty hard landings(my fault) trying to learn how to jump it. It’s insanely unforgiving. But oh so very fun. My tbone bumper up front payed for itself the first bash:)

Ya man I’ve been launching my mt410. It’s such a tank. I’ve done some pretty hard landings(my fault) trying to learn how to jump it. It’s insanely unforgiving. But oh so very fun. My tbone bumper up front payed for itself the first bash:)
+ 1 on T-Bone front bumper (basher version).

It will "dig" the front of your RC and make landings a bit more tricky if your landing angle is not perfect. On the other hand, it is a very significant amount of protection.

The stock Tekno bumper is really great for the lighter SCT, but it is not going to cut it with larger and heavier MT tires.

+ 1 on T-Bone front bumper (basher version).

It will "dig" the front of your RC and make landings a bit more tricky if your landing angle is not perfect. On the other hand, it is a very significant amount of protection.

The stock Tekno bumper is really great for the lighter SCT, but it is not going to cut it with larger and heavier MT tires.
I was looking at the T-Bone products when putting together a shopping list of upgrades when I was waiting on my kit to ship. Still might get one. To be clear, the stock front bumper on mine isn't broken, or cracked or anything, just that the springiness of it forced it back behind the front of the body, thus splitting the front of the body as it was forced past. Prolly going to happen with the T-Bone as well, but maybe not as often. Not really worried about bodies, TBH, as I've ordered 3 more, an a 4th I'm going to have sent away for a custom professional airbrushing an hydro-dipping, mainly as a shelf-queen body, or when I'm just poking around the garden, not doing anything crazy.

How are you finding the Hobbywing Max8 Combo with the 2200kv motor?
I'm considering the same setup for the ET48 2.0. which is to be used for general running around (not racing or heavy bashing)......

Recent Popular Liked

Back