• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

48.4 Powering the 48.4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hookedup

Reaction score
I’m about to order a EB48.4. What are you guys recommend using for esc and motor?? I know the chassis is a bit cramped for space so i know that’s going to be an issue.. i have a hobbywing max8 and EZRun 2200kv (7074 i think?) on order for my RC8T3.1e. Would that work or do i want something around 1900 or so? Anyway what are you guys using? I’m a novice so it’ll be practice at the track and possibly a race or two and bash of course.

HW XR8 plus with 1900kv motor (on 4s) is what I prefer these days. I have tried a few others escs and motor sizes 2200kv and even 2650kv but the lower KV seems to be ideal for this buggy. It's a nice balance of power and speed without excessive power that will wear on the drive train as much. I only run my buggy on a track though so if you plan to "bash" your buggy then you may want something different and you may also find that 1900kv is good too.

HW XR8 plus with 1900kv motor (on 4s) is what I prefer these days. I have tried a few others escs and motor sizes 2200kv and even 2650kv but the lower KV seems to be ideal for this buggy. It's a nice balance of power and speed without excessive power that will wear on the drive train as much. I only run my buggy on a track though so if you plan to "bash" your buggy then you may want something different and you may also find that 1900kv is good too.
Ok thanks.. can you explain why the 1900kv is the sweet spot? This is all new to me and I’d like to understand.. thanks in advance

Chris

The lower kv at equivalent gears will generate less amp draw and give that impression of less power but at the benefit of lower temps and longer run times.

The 1900kv is today definitely considered the sweet spot for racing and a very balanced option for basing too IMO. Tons of torque and power to clear jumps while still being controllable. With 17t pinion I can run “all day long” with limited overheating risk. Top speed in the 45mph.

4s is perfect for my needs like I said. Plenty of power to hit big jumps with short run ups.
Thanks for the video! Hopefully i can crash that gracefully!! I just bought a used .4 with Tekin rx8 and Tekin 1900kv..

Recent Popular Liked

Back