• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

MT410 pinion choice.??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingBrian

So here I am, I'm Tiny Rick..!!!
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
  2. SCT410
Driving Style
Basher
Just got my MT410 and wondered what's the best pinion size to use.?

I will be using an Arrma BLX185/2050kv on 6s to start with as I don't have any 4s batteries at the moment.
The wheels I'm using are Arrma Copperhead's off of a Kraton, Overall diameter: 6.5" (169mm)

Will probably change ESC etc after all this virus stuff has calmed down.

14t if you can get the gear mesh fit. it will still be mad fast and get very hot if you run full too much.

Just got my MT410 and wondered what's the best pinion size to use.?

I will be using an Arrma BLX185/2050kv on 6s to start with as I don't have any 4s batteries at the moment.
The wheels I'm using are Arrma Copperhead's off of a Kraton, Overall diameter: 6.5" (169mm)

Will probably change ESC etc after all this virus stuff has calmed down.
Im going with he same motor setup as you for my build. I ordered two Tekno 15 tooth pinions and one Tekno 16 tooth. Was going to get a 17 as well but I was afraid of fire under the hood. ??

14t if you can get the gear mesh fit. it will still be mad fast and get very hot if you run full too much.
I thought 14 would be too small for the MT410. I thing Tekno recommended 15 tooth minimum up to 25 which sounds crazy.

i run a 16t with 6s on my mt/et48 with 170mm tires. the thing goes crazy fast however i have a long can 1700kv motor and it still gets very hot. so i think a shorter 2000kv on 15t will produce even more heat.

Im going with he same motor setup as you for my build. I ordered two Tekno 15 tooth pinions and one Tekno 16 tooth. Was going to get a 17 as well but I was afraid of fire under the hood. ??
Oh I forgot to mention I will be running 4s for a while on the MT410

You can fit a 14 tooth if you remove or modify the center brace. A 13 tooth might fit with that motor as the cooling fins don't extend the full length of the can. Eventually the center diff outdrive will be too close to the motor if you go too small on the pinion.

I thing Tekno recommended 15 tooth minimum up to 25 which sounds crazy.
You can fit a 14 tooth if you remove or modify the center brace. A 13 tooth might fit with that motor as the cooling fins don't extend the full length of the can. Eventually the center diff outdrive will be too close to the motor if you go too small on the pinion.
I don't want to do any modifications to the center brace etc, what does Tekno advise is it 15-25 like Sludog stated.??
If that's correct I will start with 15T and monitor temps etc..??
I think I've got a 4082 1620kv motor I could try if that would make it better.??

it would at least give you a much wider gearing range.

I don't want to do any modifications to the center brace etc, what does Tekno advise is it 15-25 like Sludog stated.??
If that's correct I will start with 15T and monitor temps etc..??
I think I've got a 4082 1620kv motor I could try if that would make it better.??
It's 15-25 because that's the range of pinions that fit when running a 42mm motor without removing the center brace.
A 1620 kv motor is much better suited for 6s. When I used to race truggy on 6s I would use a 1300kv motor.

Recent Popular Liked

Back