• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

MT410.3 Bearings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharlieTuna

Reaction score
Hey everybody...
Starting to build the MT410.3 kit soon. I ordered a bag of Fast Eddy bearings for extras. Are they any better than the bearings that come with the kit? Just wondering if I should use the Fast Eddy bearings while building the kit or use the bearings that come with the kit. Or does it make a big rats a--?
Thank you for your advice.

Hey everybody...
Starting to build the MT410.3 kit soon. I ordered a bag of Fast Eddy bearings for extras. Are they any better than the bearings that come with the kit? Just wondering if I should use the Fast Eddy bearings while building the kit or use the bearings that come with the kit. Or does it make a big rats a--?
Thank you for your advice.
I still have stock bearings pretty much throughout in my mt410, except possibly some hub bearings. They're the only ones I may have replaced. I believe the Tekno kit bearings are as good as any. I go through a crap load of hub bearings in my Arrmas. They use that thin wall bearing on the inner hubs..horrible idea IMO.
No other rc I have eats as many bearings as the Arrmas, just that inner axle bearing too..
I buy bearings by the sleeve(10) off Amazon.
Without getting into high end bearings, I think they're all the same. JMO

Great question @CharlieTuna !

I agree with @KnowAir , they are all the same to me too. Definitely, buying a full bearing kit is the way to go. Avid Racing has interesting “revolution“ bearings with one side metal shielded and one side rubber. Although I can’t say I really see the difference. All Bearings have been good to me lately.

I have read from many racers that they went back to good old grease bearing (from more fancy oiled ones or ceramic) due to not seeing performance improvement.

I sometimes clean the bearings and put fresh grease (high quality aeronautic grease). Those bearings are usually the ones with longer lifespan.

On the other hand, If you buy a cheaper motor, those bearings are usually crap. I encourage everyone to check their motor bearings and replace them anytime they hit a temp higher than 180F. Motor bearings are all metal and the fastest rotating bearings in the truck. It’s a good idea to get quality ones (e.g. from Avid Racing).

It’s also a great idea to keep a maintenance log up to date. It will allow you to keep track of the “mileage” on your bearings.

Lastly, you’re going to find that last comment ridiculous, but most importantly, stop running the truck if something goes wrong with a bearing! I’ve seen so many people ruin gears, drive shafts or more costly parts due to a faulty bearing.

I try to catch bad bearings before running the truck and if I hear anything remotely suspect during a race or bashing session, i will retire the truck immediately for the day (or be prepared to have spares with at all time). If you don’t do proactive maintenance, then you should at least keep an eye on what is probably going your most common source of failure.

I still have stock bearings pretty much throughout in my mt410, except possibly some hub bearings. They're the only ones I may have replaced. I believe the Tekno kit bearings are as good as any. I go through a crap load of hub bearings in my Arrmas. They use that thin wall bearing on the inner hubs..horrible idea IMO.
No other rc I have eats as many bearings as the Arrmas, just that inner axle bearing too..
I buy bearings by the sleeve(10) off Amazon.
Without getting into high end bearings, I think they're all the same. JMO
Thanks.

It’s also a great idea to keep a maintenance log up to date. It will allow you to keep track of the “mileage” on your bearings.

Lastly, you’re going to find that last comment ridiculous, but most importantly, stop running the truck if something goes wrong with a bearing! I’ve seen so many people ruin gears, drive shafts or more costly parts due to a faulty bearing.

I try to catch bad bearings before running the truck and if I hear anything remotely suspect during a race or bashing session, i will retire the truck immediately for the day (or be prepared to have spares with at all time). If you don’t do proactive maintenance, then you should at least keep an eye on what is probably going your most common source of failure.
Thanks for the good info.

I've just discovered Avid rc's website..good stuff.
You can actually mix n match bearings for a particular model. I like that, typically the hub/axle bearings are the ones that are most susceptible to dirt/moisture, you can use rubber sealed there( I recommend), but the diff bearings and such you could use shielded (less resistance).. prices are reasonable too.
I didn't see Tekno in the drop down menu under bearing kits, but if you type ET or SCT in the search bar, you can find sets for Tekno kits.
No kit listed for the MT410 though..should be the same as the ET48.3 I believe.

Recent Popular Liked

Back