• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Motor/esc combo for a newb

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warhead78

Reaction score
What's up fellas? I'm a 40 year old rc virgin and figured there's no better way to learn than to build my own MT410. I've got everything on the way except for the motor, esc, and pinion.

I'm tentatively set on an mamba x/1515 combo: https://www.ebay.com/itm/133120819080

I'm looking for user friendly, reliable, and available. If there's anything else I should be considering please let me know. I also need direction on what pinion to run with said combo. Thanks in advance!

What's up fellas? I'm a 40 year old rc virgin and figured there's no better way to learn than to build my own MT410. I've got everything on the way except for the motor, esc, and pinion.

I'm tentatively set on an mamba x/1515 combo: https://www.ebay.com/itm/133120819080

I'm looking for user friendly, reliable, and available. If there's anything else I should be considering please let me know. I also need direction on what pinion to run with said combo. Thanks in advance!
I know some of the castle motor esc combos run quite large and are a tight fit in the MT410 trucks. Not sure if its the one you chose. As far as pinion anything from 15 tooth to 17 tooth will be fine temperature wise. Once you go bigger you should probably need to install a fan to keep the heat down.
Also you will have to solder battery ends on the wires off the castle esc. Do you have a soldering gun? Any hobby shop can do it for a few bucks if you buy the leads from them but just check to see which shops are offering repairs during lockdown times. Hate to see you have a new kit all ready to go and you can power it up.

Thanks for the advice, I've got a soldering station ready to go if needed. Cheers

I don’t have a opinion on how it will fit in your tekno but I have the castle 1515-2200kv with the mamba monster X in my 15lbs Traxxas summit and it’s a BEAST on 2-3 S I know it will eat up the factory gears on anything more then that but it is a very large system in size and has 10g wire so have a good soldering system

I’m also a new EB410 guy I jump straight to a tekin rsx esc and tekin 4.5t motor man that’s insane geared at stock spur for now and 18t

not sure what gearing will maximize that 4.5t still figuring it out.

bro it’s stupid smooth at full speed enjoy when it comes

Thanks for the input guys

Great combo, gear it conservative and go with 15t on 4s. Plenty of power and speed to break the toy. Things get a lot better after a while, you learn how to drive and save your rig.

Recent Popular Liked

Back