• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Heads up to Tekno - consider adding a note to instructions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freelosophy

Reaction score
On the EB410.2 instructions, Page 7 (Bag E). The youtube video clarifies the concern, but the instructions are unclear where the thin .5 mm chims go vs. the thicker 1mm. They both have the same part number since they come on the same plastic with inserts, etc. The manual should have a note that indicate thin vs thicker shims to make it clear without having to refer to the youtube video. Regardless, am loving putting together this kit. Am trying to go real slow and enjoy every perfectly fitting part and while building it. Not sure why rtr are so popular, some people are missing out on a really gratifying experience building this kit.

Attachments

• 20211031_133553.png
    20211031_133553.png
    915.8 KB · Views: 183
There's a little inset graphic on that page (upper right of your pic) that says the thin shims are .5mm and the thick are 1mm. It says to have 1mm worth of shims on the front of the arm and put 1mm worth of shims on the rear.

It says clearly in the manual what shims go where, I just put one together by the book

Hi, I know I am very new to this and I also found the page confusing. I understand Matthew_Armeni that the insert says 1mm for the front and 1mm for the rear but the diagram shows putting two shims on the rear and one on the front. Is that saying to put one 1mm on the front and two .5mm on the rear?

Looks to me like the 1mm is thicker drawn if you look carefully. goes in front and the two thinner ones go in rear, but It isn't critical which side they go on - also you could put them all on one side if you wanted - It would change your wheelbase by a millimeter depending on the choice, and it would likely have zero effect in an off road rig. they are just there to take up the slop. I usually have to add very thin .1 - .2 mm shims later on cars that develop slop there later.

i dont think i've assembled any RC that had a perfect manual - there is always at least one confusing part or typo.

The note is there, I just didn't read correctly. My bad !

Recent Popular Liked

Back