• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Glitch buster

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nadboo

Reaction score
I have a MT410 powered by castle MMX with 1515 2200kv. It’s been over heating when running the dog on the ball fields so I bought a cooling fan for the motor and it came with a glitch buster. I don’t know anything about glitch busters and am trying to figure out if I need to install it. I am running a savox SA1230 servo and have had no power issues so far. If I install the glitch buster I would need to disconnect the white wire on the ESC which I believe is to make changes on the fly. I would love to hear your opinions on the glitch buster and disconnecting the single white wire for the ESC.
Thanks

I just pulled the motor to install the fan and saw that I have a 18tooth pinion. That will be changed as soon as I can get another pinion, maybe a 15tooth

The white wire doesn't need to stay connected unless you need it for on the fly settings changes, the glitch buster is only to try to help stop brown outs on your radio system. They aren't essential, but could help if you are loading up the bec on your esc. You won't notice any difference with or without it.

Thank you so much. I drove the beast like I stole it yesterday and the motor got pretty hot, so I’m ordering some pinions today. I had no issues with the radio so I’m just going to use it as is without the glitch buster. Thanks again for the info.

I have a MT410 powered by castle MMX with 1515 2200kv. It’s been over heating when running the dog on the ball fields so I bought a cooling fan for the motor and it came with a glitch buster. I don’t know anything about glitch busters and am trying to figure out if I need to install it. I am running a savox SA1230 servo and have had no power issues so far. If I install the glitch buster I would need to disconnect the white wire on the ESC which I believe is to make changes on the fly. I would love to hear your opinions on the glitch buster and disconnecting the single white wire for the ESC.
Thanks
A MMX will run that servo with no issues

the glitch buster is not something you have to run

tires
Battery
Pinion
???

I guess I'm the only one who runs a bec glitch buster and cap pack on my mt410. I have my bec hooked up to a holmes hobbies rx bypass so the bec is just powering the servo. I don't want to burn out my rx by running 8.4v through it. The esc powers the rx and motor. The glitch buster is just a failsafe in my setup. You really don't need both though the bec will do the job.

I guess I'm the only one who runs a bec glitch buster and cap pack on my mt410. I have my bec hooked up to a holmes hobbies rx bypass so the bec is just powering the servo. I don't want to burn out my rx by running 8.4v through it. The esc powers the rx and motor. The glitch buster is just a failsafe in my setup. You really don't need both though the bec will do the job.
I love the Holmes hobby bypass cables I run them on multiple rigs

found out the hard way when I smoked a stock Traxxas ESC

I love the Holmes hobby bypass cables I run them on multiple rigs

found out the hard way when I smoked a stock Traxxas ESC
Same here I've used the rx bypass on most of my builds 1/5, 1/8 and 1/10. The thing that i really like is that you dont have to clips the wire on the esc.

Last edited:
What size pinion are you running now?

How many cell battery are you using?

What size tyres are you running?
I am still running an 18 tooth pinion, waiting for the new pinions. Planning on switching to 15 tooth.
min only running 4S, and I’m not sure on tire size. Haven’t had a chance to take it out again, we have been having it heavy rains here (south east Alaska)

Thank you everybody for your responses, it’s really helped me a lot. Hope you are having a good weekend. Looks like the lower 48 is having a heat wave right now, so I hope you’re getting out and playing some

I am still running an 18 tooth pinion, waiting for the new pinions. Planning on switching to 15 tooth.
min only running 4S, and I’m not sure on tire size. Haven’t had a chance to take it out again, we have been having it heavy rains here (south east Alaska)
The pinion size sounds safe, the reason I asked about the tyres is if you're running a huge monster truck tyre or a really heavy tyre it has a big impact on the temps. I hope you get a break in the weather soon.

The pinion size sounds safe, the reason I asked about the tyres is if you're running a huge monster truck tyre or a really heavy tyre it has a big impact on the temps. I hope you get a break in the weather soon.
Looks like I’m running prolines Trencher X 4.15x6.5. #1184. Online description call them Trencher X 3.5.

Looks like I’m running prolines Trencher X 4.15x6.5. #1184. Online description call them Trencher X 3.5.
I think they are actually 3.8, but anyway, they can be a contributing factor as they are large, somewhat heavy and have a fairly wide footprint, add to this the vast amounts of grip they generate, the system is under load turning these tyres. It will be especially noticeable with a lot of stop start type driving. I don't know if you can improve the air flow into the body at all?

Recent Popular Liked

Back