• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Front/Rear bias

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muttb0ne

Reaction score
Anyone have a good combo of front/center/rear diff oils to give the truck a bit more bias towards the front? The idea is that, although I love wheelies like everyone else, I would like to have it set up to have the front dig more than the rear, thus keeping the front end down a little bit more. I did something similar with my Team Durango DEX410, but not sure I'll get the same results on the Tekno, as the TD has an almost equal-length front an rear center diff dogbones, but we all know Tekno has the teeny rear, long front one, so not sure the same method would give the same results. (You know, maths an stuffs...) I'm also aware that unlike the slipper clutch on the center diff in my DEX, Tekno uses a traditional diff.

Just not sure where to go at this point. Fantastic truck by far, an having a blast with it, but would like to see more of a pull off the front than a push from the back for getting it to dig harder without wheelies so much. I'm aware of wheelie bars, but I don't like them (personal peeve).

Anyway, happy bashing! New upgrade parts an another set of 7200maH 4s batts on the way! (An another 3 bodies, as the one I built the truck with lasted all of 5 days...it's trashed, lol).

I street bash my eb48.3 diff fluids are 80/500/60k it handles great, decent drifting and quick take off with a 2200 castle motor on 16t on 4s with s3 grp tires. I do plan on going to 100/500/80k. But I only street bash if you on dirt then 60/500/30

I'll try that, thanks.

You can also play with the geometry of car a little. You can sweep the front arms back by moving the pills out on A block or moving them in on the B block. This sweeps the dog bones back and can help keep the front down on acceleration and up under braking.
You can also reduce the rear antisquat by lowering the pills in the C block. This will take grip away from the rear during acceleration and reduce wheelies. Less antisquat will also be better in bumpy conditions and have more rear grip into turns.

Recent Popular Liked

Back