• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

ET48.4 speculation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slevin

Ummm Yeah!
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. ET48
Driving Style
Basher
So I am about to purchase an ET48.3, hopefully Friday, and I am wondering if/when a version 4 will be released. Has anyone heard any rumors or speculating any sort of release? I'm not familiar with what the differences were between v1 through v3 and if the upgrades were costly or not. I'm assuming we can guess what v3 to v4 would be based on the EB48?

just curious...

I would think your pretty safe with the Eat48.3 even at race level. The upgrades from other platforms were not 100% changes but minor ones that could be easily be upgraded over time.

I haven't heard of any upcoming release for the .4 yet, but not sure if they will include all the same updates or not.... both are completely different designs so not sure if the truggy will benefit from having shorter arms on the rear, you can fit some of the other .4 upgrades on now if you wish, though the reverse threaded lower shock screws won't fit in the truggy arms... so if they decide to include that upgrade then both front/rear arms will need to be reworked.

I'd be willing to bet that TEKNO is putting more effort into the release of the ET.irst. Speculation is that the ET410 will hopefully be available around Christmas, so my guess is that the ET48.4 probably won't come until 2019.

I saw not too long ago on RC Tech that Tekno had no immediate plans to do an updated 1/8 truggy. I think you are good for a while with the .3. And honestly, that is probably already the best truck out in that class, so no worries.

Here is the screen shot, ended up finding it.

et.jpg

that's awesome! I hate buying a new kit only to see that a new version announced a short time afterwards.

I hope this is not true as it would mean 10months or so between first teasing and release, which in my book means I'm buying from someone else.
Ya I was kinda hoping to put a deposit by end of July, if possible.

When they do make an announcement, it's usually 3+ months before release to public, with the EB410 some of the team drivers got early release kits (with carbon upgrades) about 6 weeks ahead, final stage was box art IIRC

When they do make an announcement, it's usually 3+ months before release to public, with the EB410 some of the team drivers got early release kits (with carbon upgrades) about 6 weeks ahead, final stage was box art IIRC
I was thinking since 90% of the truck already exists in the EB410, that that timeframe would be cut in half, at least. The EB410 being tekno's first all new 1/10 would take a while to test and develop but I feel like the truck shouldn't be anywhere near as long of a process. Of course this is based off of my own opinion and nothing factual. So you may be right.

I would rather the team drivers take their time and work the kinks out first... identify weak points that need to be addressed... you're right that some of that has already been done with the EB410, but just need to make sure they didn't introduce any new issues. Last thing I want is to buy a $350 kit and then have to spend another $200 in upgrades :(

True. I'm going to get it regardless. So however long it takes, is however long it takes. I trust Tekno to take the time they need and put out a good vehicle. I guess the timeline in my head for when I would have it, was before summer ends. But perhaps that was a little soon haha.

Recent Popular Liked

Back