• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Eb48 to desert buggy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bastien

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB48
  2. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
I would like to turn my EB48.2 into desert buggy but I do not want to change chassis. because it is too expensive. Do you know a body reference and type of tire rim used? Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 439
Body I think there’s only really 1 option that’ll fit the buggy chassis. The Losi scbe body/cage.
Tires and wheels there’s many options. Cheapest is team associated nomad DB8 stock wheels.
You can modify 2.2 tires to be mounted on 17mm hex SC wheels.
2.2 beadlocks with 17mm hexes are available from Motoworx ...but expensive.
Or any 2.2 beadlocks wheel will work with adapters from rc4wd or Dlux rc.
Let me know what route you’re thinking and I’ll get pics and links

And here’s a comparison with a Nomad DB8 tire
DA049435-2ED1-421F-87AE-E4D6A6F4B4CE.jpeg

What is the outer diameter on those growlers? 7 inches?

Thanks. How does it drive with all that rubber? Does it ballon a lot at speed?

Thanks. How does it drive with all that rubber? Does it ballon a lot at speed?
Drives great. I mostly run 5s. These Pitbull growlers do not balloon much at all...partly because they are designed for some speed, plus I’m using crawler innovations closed cell foams.....and I also have the tires wrapped with fishing line at the center tread. I also have a set of Proline Hyrax 2.2 tires that really do good at speed.
I also have Pitbull rockbeast tires, but they balloon like crazy so they’re used mostly on my Wraith.

Hello,
I’m seach wheel 17 hexes , on rc4wd site but i dont find,tire is easy to find. Can you help me please.
Thanks

Do you mean 12mm so you can run 12mm hub 2.2 wheels?
If so these work
https://store.rc4wd.com/12mm-Hex-for-RC4WD-Extreme-Duty-XVD-for-Clodbuster-Axle_p_4081.html

But these are even better
https://dluxfab.ecwid.com/#!/Wheel-hubs-hexes-8mm-stub-shaft/p/19777271/category=6232189
. With these Dlux hubs you must use Vanquish wheels or wheels with same bolt pattern as Vanquish. Many of the Amazon and EBay Chinese beadlocks are Vanquish equivalent. ...and they are actually very nice, and cheap. I have a couple different sets.

I have a set of these. Cheap, very well made and very easy to assemble
https://www.ebay.com/itm/4x-2-2-Alloy-Beadlock-1-10-Wheel-Rims-For-Wraith-RC-4wd-SCX10-CC01-D90-TRX-4-US/222632734593?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I also have these. Also excellent wheels
9B0B17E9-35F0-46DF-B29F-B6E35E4D7443.png

Last edited:
Do you have any running vids? Love to see it in action.

Recent Popular Liked

Back