• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Castle MMX8S problem?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macovial

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
Hmm.. I just got off the phone with Castle Creations tech support. I sent in my MMX8S 1520-1650k combo under warranty because the ESC just stopped working after using it with, maybe 4 batteries worth or driving. I couldn't even access the ESC with the CastelLink cable/software and all of the ESC lights just stayed on (red/green/orange).

Been using it in the MT410 with Backflip LP tires.

First, Joe said that the ESC switch got moisture in it (not sure how that happened since it's "water proof" and I wasn't driving in puddles or the water. Isn't the ESC supposed to be waterproof. Also, he was telling me that I needed to go down in pinion size, like an 18T. I've been using the 24T pinion and he says that is what was causing the ESC to fail. I explained that I had a temperature gun and the ESC/Motor never got hot and I didn't run it too hard. Even if I did, it shouldn't stop working anyway. He kept saying "at the track" when I wasn't even at a track.

Anyone else having problems with that ESC combo?

Hmm.. I just got off the phone with Castle Creations tech support. I sent in my MMX8S 1520-1650k combo under warranty because the ESC just stopped working after using it with, maybe 4 batteries worth or driving. I couldn't even access the ESC with the CastelLink cable/software and all of the ESC lights just stayed on (red/green/orange).

First, Joe said that the ESC switch got moisture in it (not sure how that happened since it's "water proof" and I wasn't driving in puddles or the water. Isn't the ESC supposed to be waterproof. Also, he was telling me that I needed to go down in pinion size, like an 18T. I've been using the 24T pinion and he says that is what was causing the ESC to fail. I explained that I had a temperature gun and the ESC/Motor never got hot and I didn't run it too hard. Even if I did, it shouldn't stop working anyway. He kept saying "at the track" when I wasn't even at a track.

I've seen hit or miss reviews when it comes to castle products. I had an MMX6s that died after a week. Got a replacement and it took a beating for many months (powering a TPPower long can motor) up until I sold it.

Hopefully their warranty helps you out.

Sounds like a BS response from Castle. This combo is way overpowered for the MT410, 18t pinion is what I run on an 1515 motor (74mm), needless to say the 1520 (88mm and lower kv) should be absolutely fine with 24t.

Sounds like a BS response from Castle. This combo is way overpowered for the MT410, 18t pinion is what I run on an 1515 motor (74mm), needless to say the 1520 (88mm and lower kv) should be absolutely fine with 24t.
That's what I thought too.. Just BS coming out of Joe's mouth. I was just dumbfounded for a while after that phone call. Just got an email today that they're sending me a new replacement ESC so hopefully there won't be any issues. I'll just turn up the punch control to 30% as @Tekno_craze suggested in another thread and just chill.

Recent Popular Liked

Back