• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Castle Esc problem or motor problem?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stokedcrf

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

A few weeks ago I completed my sct410 build, and I love it!

I got about half a pack through it today for the first time... And then the car just stopped!

I'll add a quick video of what's happening, but essentially the motor intermittently spins.

Esc calibration is successful... No errors on the esc or anything. However, the wheels just won't spin.

This happens with 3 new batteries. The esc stopped working on the first battery when it hit around 3.8v per cell, so long before the low voltage cutoff.

See attached!

hmm... my first guess is check your sensor cable.
try reseating the connections, try a new cable, try removing it (if your esc is set to hybrid and the motor supports sensorless)

hmm... my first guess is check your sensor cable.
try reseating the connections, try a new cable, try removing it (if your esc is set to hybrid and the motor supports sensorless)
That was the first thing I tried.

The same problem exists when testing sensor less. It actually can randomly go in any direction, and then usually stops completely as per the video.

I'll give castle a call today, I just thought I'd check in with the pros here.

The motor for the record is a hobbywing 3660sd g2

That was the first thing I tried.

The same problem exists when testing sensor less. It actually can randomly go in any direction, and then usually stops completely as per the video.

I'll give castle a call today, I just thought I'd check in with the pros here.

The motor for the record is a hobbywing 3660sd g2

wow if the motor goes in a random direction then i think it's the ESC ..
try re-flashing the firmware on the ESC.

Sorry everyone, I should have updated this post a long time ago.

Turns out it was a bad esc... And caslte tech support got me a replacement right away. The new one works perfect!

I'm a castle fan for good now as I never got good customer service with hobbywing before!

Recent Popular Liked

Back