• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Carpet setup & Slipper

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rfulcher

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB410
  2. ET48
  3. ET410
  4. MT410
  5. SCT410
Driving Style
Basher
Has anyone tried a slipper on carpet? Is it a lost cause to try and be competitive on carpet?

I know this is a fairly late reply but oh well. I remember there was a 3rd party mount for the original 410 to use a B74 slipper but im not sure if its still around. I run my 410 on astro and use 60k in the center diff and it works pretty good.

As for being competitive on high traction its an uphill battle for sure. The main struggles are ride height and weight. There was a company in the UK making shock towers that allowed you to get the car nice and low but they arent produced anymore sadly. My local track is very bumpy for astro so the ride height isn't as big of a deal.

For club racing its definitely a workable platform and I have had a blast with mine. Especially since I crash a lot the durability is a big plus haha

image.jpg

I am currently building a carpet ET410.2 and snagged all I could carbon fiber and aluminum minus screws. I am currently stuck with the TKR7282C rear carbon shock tower and the TKR6666 rear camber doesn’t match up unfortunately so now it’s on a stand still until I find someone who has don’t this or go with the stock rear tower for the time being to just run. I am also building Tyler Hooks March 22 setup minus the shocks, going all red. I have the rear and almost put together.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 99
I am currently building a carpet ET410.2 and snagged all I could carbon fiber and aluminum minus screws. I am currently stuck with the TKR7282C rear carbon shock tower and the TKR6666 rear camber doesn’t match up unfortunately so now it’s on a stand still until I find someone who has don’t this or go with the stock rear tower for the time being to just run. I am also building Tyler Hooks March 22 setup minus the shocks, going all red. I have the rear and almost put together.
I set up an et410.2 for carpet I honed it in with the help of one of the local fast guys at my track. Set the truck up like this and it will rip!

Attachments

• 239BDDBE-C0F4-4EC4-965C-2D84AAD529DB.jpeg
    239BDDBE-C0F4-4EC4-965C-2D84AAD529DB.jpeg
    150.6 KB · Views: 146
I set up an et410.2 for carpet I honed it in with the help of one of the local fast guys at my track. Set the truck up like this and it will rip!
Jason,

In your setup sheet, you really used 20 Million in the center diff? I am having a hard time finding 20 Mil.

Thanks

Jason,

In your setup sheet, you really used 20 Million in the center diff? I am having a hard time finding 20 Mil.

Thanks
Traxxas makes 20 million diff oil for their X-Maxx. I use it in my Tamiya Euro truck.

Recent Popular Liked

Back