• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Body for Long Wheel Base Conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandblaster

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. ET48
  2. MT410
  3. SCT410
Driving Style
Basher
This HPI body fits the LWB conversion really nicely.
https://www.hpiracing.com/en/part/7124
Only problem is the too wide spacing on Tekno body mount post. Using Armma post. Were the stock holes fit the body, the body is not flat. IF we had adjustable mount width we would have it so much better. Found a work around. Had to make flat spots at the post to allow the body to set down enough to allow body clips to be used. Had this body for some time, it has very thick plastic. Used a heat gun to soften it, then metal under and oval end of small hammer handle to press down. Has to be big enough for pin to be able to go through the mount. The Armma post are a very tight fit in the Tekno square hole. Run screw through and good to bash. Gives me a good strong, well fitting body for my lwb conversion.

Attachments

• IMG_2081.jpeg
    IMG_2081.jpeg
    102.7 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_2082.jpeg
    IMG_2082.jpeg
    87.4 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_2079.jpeg
    IMG_2079.jpeg
    200.3 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_2080.jpeg
    IMG_2080.jpeg
    171.6 KB · Views: 113
This HPI body fits the LWB conversion really nicely.
https://www.hpiracing.com/en/part/7124
Only problem is the too wide spacing on Tekno body mount post. Using Armma post. Were the stock holes fit the body, the body is not flat. IF we had adjustable mount width we would have it so much better. Found a work around. Had to make flat spots at the post to allow the body to set down enough to allow body clips to be used. Had this body for some time, it has very thick plastic. Used a heat gun to soften it, then metal under and oval end of small hammer handle to press down. Has to be big enough for pin to be able to go through the mount. The Armma post are a very tight fit in the Tekno square hole. Run screw through and good to bash. Gives me a good strong, well fitting body for my lwb conversion.
Looks pretty good IMO. Bodies are definitely a challenge with the extended wheelbase. Unless of course you want a wing and truggy body. I love the look of a nice truggy, but to really pull it off, you need the right shock towers/mounts I believe. Gets pricey for Tekno shock towers, then shock lengths,ect..come into play.
I do like how Arrma and TC incorporate cages onto the chassis too, really helps save the bodies on tumbles and upside down landings.
Be nice to come up with a chassis mounted cage for the Tekno's.

Looks pretty good IMO. Bodies are definitely a challenge with the extended wheelbase. Unless of course you want a wing and truggy body. I love the look of a nice truggy, but to really pull it off, you need the right shock towers/mounts I believe. Gets pricey for Tekno shock towers, then shock lengths,ect..come into play.
I do like how Arrma and TC incorporate cages onto the chassis too, really helps save the bodies on tumbles and upside down landings.
Be nice to come up with a chassis mounted cage for the Tekno's.
If one goes to all that they should get an ET kit. Understand the conversion gives one a totally different machine. Will find out shortly. Thanks for you commits.

If one goes to all that they should get an ET kit. Understand the conversion gives one a totally different machine. Will find out shortly. Thanks for you commits.
Indeed, the et kit would likely be the cheaper route too. Good luck, and enjoy!! I'd like to hear your thoughts on how it drives.

Recent Popular Liked

Back