• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Wide Hex +10mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smirkracing

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB410
  2. EB48
  3. ET48
Driving Style
Basher
Hey all, I am looking for some +10mm hexes so I can mount Badlands 2.8 wheels/tires on my ET48. The current hex adapters I bought from hot racing have too much material between the back of the hex adapter the pin hole, so they rub against the bearing. The Tekno hexes have a very small space between the pin hole and the back of the hex.

I've seen some older post recommending some AE parts but those don't seem to be available these days. Anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks!

Thanks Heavybag! They're even in stock...

So, next question, what is the impact of adding 10mm on each side to the track width of the vehicle by using these hexes? I am going to do it in all cases, because I really want to try the wheels/tires I've got, but I am curious on what this will do to the driving / performance of the vehicle.

I used a bench grinder to get rid of the rubbing. Was a bit boring but worked out well.
The trenchers 2.8 didn’t clear properly on the EB48.4, had to move the tires to 3.2 rims. Bit of a PITA. Kid tried the monster buggy once and said “no thanks”... ?

43E9F776-81A7-490F-B802-6AC4B512AFDD.jpeg

Thanks for sharing! What did you not like about the monster buggy? Didn't drive well?

Thanks for sharing! What did you not like about the monster buggy? Didn't drive well?
I personally liked it a lot. Turning radius did suffer substantially, but the larger tires provided ample grip on very loose ground. To the point where it could be quicker than the regular buggy in very loose conditions.

I put a way stronger servo since, might try it again and have better steering results.

Recent Popular Liked

Back