• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

MT410 3s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bekant

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
Hello.
Just wondering if the motor and esc from a big rock v3 would be decent enough for the MT410?
Since I can't afford to buy a new esc and motor right now, in combination with being a bit too eager to get my MT410 running, I figured it might be worth to move the parts to my MT410?
Arrma BLX100 esc and the Spektrum 3660 3200kv motor with a 15t pinon.
Tires that I have and will be running are the backflip LPs.
I estimate that my MT410 will be 1000g-1300g heavier than the Big Rock, maybe that will be an issue?

It might work with the 15t but it would be pretty slow with high temps.
I would be better of with a bigger pinion then? Or perhaps the motor is just too weak for it in general.

Hello.
Just wondering if the motor and esc from a big rock v3 would be decent enough for the MT410?
Since I can't afford to buy a new esc and motor right now, in combination with being a bit too eager to get my MT410 running, I figured it might be worth to move the parts to my MT410?
Arrma BLX100 esc and the Spektrum 3660 3200kv motor with a 15t pinon.
Tires that I have and will be running are the backflip LPs.
I estimate that my MT410 will be 1000g-1300g heavier than the Big Rock, maybe that will be an issue?
If you're on a budget look for a used arrma blx185 esc 2050kv motor combo. you can find one on ebay for around $100-120. Or you could do a hobbywing ezrun max8 combo for around $210. I have a Kraton 6s with the stock blx185 system and it hauls. The 3s motor combo will drive 25mph then burn up or melt after 5 minutes. I have some Arrma's including a 3s typhon (same motor/esc as your big rock) and that motor/esc is meant for smaller rigs. Hope this helps and sorry for the news but you can always try it

If you're on a budget look for a used arrma blx185 esc 2050kv motor combo. you can find one on ebay for around $100-120. Or you could do a hobbywing ezrun max8 combo for around $210. I have a Kraton 6s with the stock blx185 system and it hauls. The 3s motor combo will drive 25mph then burn up or melt after 5 minutes. I have some Arrma's including a 3s typhon (same motor/esc as your big rock) and that motor/esc is meant for smaller rigs. Hope this helps and sorry for the news but you can always try it
Thank you for the reply!
My plan is to buy the Firma 150A esc/4074 2050kV motor from JennysRC, with VAT and shipping to Sweden it is around $185, I'll wait until I can buy it. It will make for a pleasant first time experience and bash session.

Update in case anyone have thoughts about running it on 3s ; Ended up buying the Hobbywing ezrun max8 combo, 15T pinion on 3s (until I buy 4s), pretty damn satisfied after the maiden run and damn this is one heck of a nice truck. So nimble and just flys down the street, yes even on 3s. Didn't check the temps because it was -2c outside.

Last edited:

Recent Popular Liked

Back