• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Hobbywing 4268 1900kv motor vs 4274 2250kv?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am running the HW XR8 plus G2 and the G3 4274 2250Kv. Went with the plus as it had all the same features and the newer fan design. Running a 15t pinion with stock plastic spur gear, and a cheap-o dual 40mm fan setup on the motor. Ambient was 75 degree F. 6 min run with lots of full throttle and highest recorded was 145 F for the motor. See attached chart for Temps. Brown line is motor temp. Also, recorded top speed of 48 mph. I will probably add timing instead of going up a tooth size since I have temp room to play with.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220315-012758_HW Link V2.jpg
    Screenshot_20220315-012758_HW Link V2.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 142
  • Screenshot_20220308-183259_GNSS PA.jpg
    Screenshot_20220308-183259_GNSS PA.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 151
I have them both xr8 pro and the xerun 4274 g2 2250 kv .I purchased the combo with the
Et48 2.0 kit . Needless to say my Xr8 pro had some issues and needed to be sent to hobbywing. At the time with Covid you could not get your hands on a tekin Rx8 think the motor was available. But to the point. I have the
Rx8 and T8 G3 4038 2000kv in the Truggy now. Tell you this much the can on the tekin motor is the same size as the Hobbywing and noticeable heavier as well as everything I mean it’s a Tekin motor lol.
Don’t listen to anything that you get told because it’s a very noticeable difference in top end and torque is lol well you can judge for yourself bro! Hands down you have nothing to regret.. On top of everything Tekin motor has a lifetime Guarantee when you do wear it down in the first place lol. You pay a small fee and Tekin sends you a new motor. Bin there done that and tekin goes without say about whatever Hobbywing repair costs and time to get back with me and ask for half the money I paid for the Esc and nothing was neglected on my end with it . To being a month old and never race it yet to I told them to keep it lol. 9 out of 10 racers would pick a tekin no doubt. But sponsors and yada yada I can tell you from the horse’s mouth bro you made a wise choice!!
Yes, no regrets at all with the setup. I run in Florida on s large outdoor track and there is plenty of power down low and on the top end with a 15t pinion. I have a 16t but never put it on since the temps got to about 170°f. I've just added a fan and need to re evaluate the temps but don't plan to change the pinion.

I picked up the 2250kv from HW for racing this year with XR8 Pro esc. Probably will run it with a 14-15t pinion and probably will need to turn it down. Another option I looked at was the 2000kv or 2250kv Tekin with their RX8.

I stuck with HW cause that’s what’s also gonna be in my Buggy (1900kv)
How did the 2250 go. Did you need to back off any settings (and with a 15t pinion..?

Never got to use it.

My wife got me Tekin RX8 G3 at 1900kv and 2000kv as an anniversary present for my Buggy and Truggy. So, I ended up selling the HW.
I found this thread and was hoping for an update on the HW setup that didn't involve selling it off haha! I'm looking to buy the HW XR8 Plus g2s 2250kv combo for my new MT410 on 4s.

I tersting responses, I have castle mamba monster x 1515 combos in both my Tekno rigs right now, et48 2.0 amd a stretched tekno mt410 on 48.3 chassis, excellent rig by the way. Still having some teething issues woth the 2.0 but all indications is it is an ideal power set up. I was going to try racing the 2.0 but haven’t had time. I have a rx8 combo woth the Truggy motor, I think 2000 kv. I chose not to run it for bashing because it’s reputation for reliability bashing isn’t great, but mostly because it’s limited to 4s with the 2000 kv and I like running 6s with conservative gearing in my 48.3 so didn’t want my higher performance basher to not have as much ooomph. I was thinking of trying the tekin combo in the slight;y lighter 410/48.3 hybrid at some point. For bashing the mamba mobster x is a solid esc, plenty of power and Al oar race level programmability.

I am running the HW XR8 plus G2 and the G3 4274 2250Kv. Went with the plus as it had all the same features and the newer fan design. Running a 15t pinion with stock plastic spur gear, and a cheap-o dual 40mm fan setup on the motor. Ambient was 75 degree F. 6 min run with lots of full throttle and highest recorded was 145 F for the motor. See attached chart for Temps. Brown line is motor temp. Also, recorded top speed of 48 mph. I will probably add timing instead of going up a tooth size since I have temp room to play with.
How is the XR8 plus G2 with Hobbywing G3 4274 2250Kv motor working for you and what pinion sizes have you tried and like with this combo? Will this set-up work on most tracks for the ET48 2.0?

Recent Popular Liked

Back