• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Hi all!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dustinweim

Reaction score
Hi all! I am new here am about to start a new build. I am having a hard time deciding on tires and finding something that is in stock
What are thoughts on duratrax six pack?
probably back yard bashing grass and tar. It appears the backflip lp is a fan favorite.
Any help would be great!
Dustin

They will get you by. But they are thin rubber and will balloon ez if you are going to run big power in your rig

I personally use proline trenchers or badlands. I still will duct tape the inside of the tire to minimize ballooning.

I know lots of guys here are running Dboots backflips with good luck but I have personally never used them

Backflips are great, the LP version has a more reasonable size IMO.

The 6s version, I use exclusively for big jumps and air control (which I don’t do much anymore, so they are shelved).

What are thoughts on duratrax six pack?

I have the six-packs, minokawa LP, backflip LP, backflip 6s's ... of all them, my six-packs are my least-used on 4S. w/ 2200kv and 16t pinion.

On 4s w/ my gearing,the six-packs are just too much - the motor runs hot, they balloon and wobble/shimmy like crazy, and the thing backflips under even modest throttle (not in a good way). I like them just fine on 3S for lower-speed bashing w/ the kids at the wheel :)

For grass on 4s, I actually like the minokawa LPs the most - having a little less grip in the grass is a little more fun, and I can still backflip off a modest ramp.

Dboots backsflip LPs are probably the most controllable at high speeds on dirt and mixed surfaces - they're a great all rounder and result in very predictable handling. the 6s version of the backflips will wheelie more and make for bigger attitude changes mid-air, so i find them more fun than the smaller version, but both are great for dirt bashing.

I posted similar info w/ a picture comparing the sizes here:
https://www.teknoforums.com/threads...performance-looking-for-fixes.1548/post-13916

Recent Popular Liked

Back