• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

EB210 (coast to coast) Conversion kit for the perfect pair.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very cool, really want to try this out!

Pretty cool. Not sure that I would personally want to do it, when there are some really good 2wd-specific platforms out there (which I assume would have to be lighter and balanced better), but still a cool idea. Also if you run a EB410 4wd car, it'd be nice to share parts etc between classes.

Reactions: Hye
I told myself I would never go back to 2w buggy after my B6. I loved and hated that thing but now?... I think it might be worth a try would rather do this conversion than the MIP.

really cool kit. 2wd definitely takes more practice to drive well but i love the simplicity. i too hope Tekno starts a 2wd line... give us a 1/10 buggy and SCT!

I told myself I would never go back to 2w buggy after my B6. I loved and hated that thing but now?... I think it might be worth a try would rather do this conversion than the MIP.
Not to derail the topic, but what did you not like about the B6? People seem to love those cars at my track.

Not to derail the topic, but what did you not like about the B6? People seem to love those cars at my track.

It was way more effort than it was worth. From the correct tire choice to setup it was a constant battle, it was sweet when it was dialed but a pain in the ass on an off day. I can't even begin how much money was spent on tires, upgrades etc

Overall it was just not worth the effort for me I ran outdoor hard packed dirt, it had to much power (spin out) or not enough to clear the jumps. Hence the jump to 4W EB 410 and EB 48.4

PS: I'm not that bad of a driver I did clinch 2nd overall for 2w buggy @ my club :), it might also be my driving style as I liked to hold the trigger rather than feather it ahaha

It was way more effort than it was worth. From the correct tire choice to setup it was a constant battle, it was sweet when it was dialed but a pain in the ass on an off day. I can't even begin how much money was spent on tires, upgrades etc

Overall it was just not worth the effort for me I ran outdoor hard packed dirt, it had to much power (spin out) or not enough to clear the jumps. Hence the jump to 4W EB 410 and EB 48.4

PS: I'm not that bad of a driver I did clinch 2nd overall for 2w buggy @ my club :), it might also be my driving style as I liked to hold the trigger rather than feather it ahaha
Totally understandable, man. I was just curious. This is my first year trying 2wd, so I just like to hear ppl's input. I run 17.5 though, so not quite battling the power as much as a mod car.

I guess that was why I felt how I did about the conversion. Set-up seems so critical in 2wd. I am assuming (and could be totally wrong) that the weight and balance of a 2wd-specific platform would be tweaked a little better than a conversion? But like I said, the plus side is you are basically buying parts for 1 platform, if you have a 4wd and a 2wd version. Whereas most ppl with a eb410 are buying parts for that car and whatever other car they run in 2wd (AE, TLR, Xray etc). So that is a nice bonus.

There are guys that have this conversion down close to min weight and it is fairly well weighted side to side.

Apart from the sworkz sticker ready to go 2wd

Attachments

• IMG20180526195906.jpg
    IMG20180526195906.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 445
Off question; but set up to run 2wd... how does the weight stack up to the competition?

Off question; but set up to run 2wd... how does the weight stack up to the competition?
Ya being a guy who runs 17.5 that is a concern for me also. Especially since I'm running a 4.0SR which is crazy light (at the expense of strength of some parts). But I'm sure the Tekno conversion would be good for 2wd mod class.

That looks cool though @Rcaddic . Nice rig.

I will find some posts on FB and place them here

Ya being a guy who runs 17.5 that is a concern for me also. Especially since I'm running a 4.0SR which is crazy light (at the expense of strength of some parts). But I'm sure the Tekno conversion would be good for 2wd mod class.

There are guys that are setup at min weight I will see if I can add some pictures

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-06-07-15-29-13-19.png
    Screenshot_2018-06-07-15-29-13-19.png
    806.6 KB · Views: 466