• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

yet another motor option...opinions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stokedcrf

Reaction score
Linky to the motor in question:
https://www.castlecreations.com/en/castle-1412-sensored-motor-3200kv-060-0085-00

Hey Everyone, I'm just trying to select a motor, and being relatively new to electric (I'm a 5th scale gas guy) I'm trying to find an okay solution for my use case.
More specifically, I'm building this 410 to join a club when the snow melts. The track is quite tight, not much top speed needed, and I'm limited to 2s there.

However, every once and a while I'd like to take it out on 4s as I currently have a Kraton 8S and I have a bunch of batteries laying around for it. It would be nice to extend runtimes of the 410 and re-use some existing batteries I have.

The castle website said if geared moderately, I could run 4s on this motor. If needed, I don't mind installing a fan or even limiting the throttle on the transmitter to keep RPM's down.

Does anyone think running this on 2S once a week and moderately on 4s is a viable solution?
Surely my top speeds won't be great on the 2S, but for a tight track do you think with gearing this might be an ok "middlegrounds"?

I'm likely going to pick up a used 3660SD from a friend anyways as a spare in my toolbox, but I just thought I'd ask what your opinions are.

Thanks!

My opinion is pick one battery size and get the appropriate motor for it. 2 and 4S is quite the stretch. I think the 3200KV is going to be disappointing on 2S and hot as a campfire on 4S. I run the 1415 2400KV on 4S with a heat sink and fan on a hot day will show 150 ish in the data logs.

If I were going to do both I would get a second motor and set it up with its own motor plate, pinion and motor leads to make switching between them quick and easy.

My opinion is pick one battery size and get the appropriate motor for it. 2 and 4S is quite the stretch. I think the 3200KV is going to be disappointing on 2S and hot as a campfire on 4S. I run the 1415 2400KV on 4S with a heat sink and fan on a hot day will show 150 ish in the data logs.

If I were going to do both I would get a second motor and set it up with its own motor plate, pinion and motor leads to make switching between them quick and easy.

This is great advice! Thank you! I will likely do just that!

Recent Popular Liked

Back