• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

XRAY XB8E

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I appreciate pillow balls I definitely don’t like building them. These were a PITA !
IMG_0544.jpeg
IMG_0545.jpeg

Bag #6 front and rear assembly completed. One of the threads in the PB steering block gave total grief. Could not get it thread properly. After an hour or so finally forced it in . I’m sure it’s cross threaded but I was able tighten it down until the pillow ball started to bind and then back it off just enough so it moves freely. I’m not sure whether it’s user error or design flaw. 🤷
IMG_0546.jpeg
IMG_0547.jpeg
IMG_0550.jpeg

Last edited:
How did you mount ? Have pictures?
Hi, Sorry for the late reply. I was waiting for my RX to come in. I have ended up double side taping it just like on the website they demo it (in front of the ESC on the right. I will take some pictures next week and try to post. I put the blank plugs in the empty space and hope it will hold. After hours of research there is only one print for RX box, do not like it that much. I will have to figure out the transponder too, but I guess that can wait.

Congrats, good progress on the build. The whole X-ray is great and really much a joy to watch the nuances between Tekno build and this. As soon as I can sell my basher I want to build a Mugen too just to see what is the difference between the 3. :)

R.

Center Diff and motor next.
IMG_0557.jpeg
IMG_0558.jpeg

Last edited:
I have my doubts about this ESC/ radio plate setup. Yes everything clears. We’ll see.🤷
IMG_0569.jpeg

Interesting how you placed the ESC. I did a mirror image (barrels towards the front as opposed to the back, but the receiver wires I routed them towards to the right. How this steering link will clear the sensor wire I am curious to see.

Interesting how you placed the ESC. I did a mirror image (barrels towards the front as opposed to the back, but the receiver wires I routed them towards to the right. How this steering link will clear the sensor wire I am curious to see.
Main reason I chose this ESC placement was impact prevention. I’m going to work on sensor wire and receiver wiring later today. As of now I’m comfortable with the receiver wiring but there’s always room for improvement.

Oh, the options when deciding what direction to mount speed controls. Sometimes I sleep on it, and hope to get a sign while in darkness.

Sweet looking buggy!
Thanks 🙏 and I spent several nights laying in bed contemplating this. One deciding factor was the direction of wire soldering not to mention impact concern. The mounting plate leaves a lot to be desired!

Getting ready to add oil. I’m going with zero rebound. 550 cst front, 600 cst rear. These shocks feel much lighter than Tekno and Mugen.
IMG_0576.jpeg

Recent Popular Liked

Back