• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

48.3 Wing or Not on your ET48

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve B in Vegas

Reaction score
Have any of you run the ET48 without the rear wing? Other than looking strange, did you notice a big change in performance?

s

Also, how would you describe the driving characteristics of the ET48 when compared to the SCT410.3?

If I'm looking for speed machine in open spaces ( soccer fields, ect ), do you find the ET48 more stable of a platform?

s

Anyone who has ever lost a wing during a race will tell you how undriveable it is without the wing which is designed to create down force which improves rear traction. If you are driving in a straight line you probably won't notice much of a difference, but the moment you try to make a turn without a wing, then don't be surprised if the truck spins out of control.

ET48 will dominate the SCT410 in every way imaginable, higher ground clearance, larger wheels to drive over larger obstacles, it will gracefully "float" over the rough stuff and fly with ease over large jumps without risk of parachuting which is a predominate issue with SCT's in general. Having the rear wing alone is another HUGE advantage over the SCT which has no rear wing.

The ONLY two advantages the SCT offers are less likely to break parts because the wheels are enclosed under the body and the SCT is less likely to need marshaling if you land on your side, simply turn the front wheel into the ground and blip the throttle to get back on all 4 wheels again.

If you are just going to bash around, then get the MT410 instead, it can self marshal itself because it has a shorter wheel base and larger MT tires can grab the ground when on your lid. Only drawback is the MT410 doesn't have a wing but you can install one if you wanted... but if you don't want a wing on the ET48, then just get the MT410 which isn't designed for performance anyway, it's the ultimate basher:

Thanks Bill,

That answers a lot of my questions there. Now I just need to figure out the DB48 to ET48 conversion path.

Thanks Bill,

That answers a lot of my questions there. Now I just need to figure out the DB48 to ET48 conversion path.

Not worth it on parts alone you will be better off buying a new kit than buying the parts separately, sell the DB48, chalk it up to a lesson learned where the DB48 is an amazing rig for what it was intended, but you want a 1/8 platform instead of a 1/10 platform.

For a basher, the MT410 is the same chassis as the SCT410 but uses the ET48 arms/shafts/axles/shocks

Go through the manuals and cross reference part numbers to see what you need to order and you will quickly see that buying parts separately is not effective.

Thanks Bill,

Note, an ET48 2.0 is expected to be available by the end of the year. You should have a few older ET48.3 that will start to hit the market.

In the meanwhile, ET48.3 kits are out of order. So although not optimal, as mentioned by Bill, if you are looking at a short term update then going the route of buying the parts individually could be your only solution.

Hmmm.

Well thanks for the input on this. I might just get an ET body and see how the fit looks. That might give me more ideas as to where to take the project.

Regarding the use of a Wing:

I have no experience running the ET48 without the wing, but I do have the experience of running an EB48 with an SCT body and no wing. I can confirm the impact both on the stability while jumping and high speed runs is significant. It is significant to the point where you can't decently be competitive against rigs with a wing if you are not carrying one yourself.

The non-lexan wings are also a decent protection for your rig. That's another reason for actually keeping a wing on a basher. Arrma style.

As someone who is also used to racing in parks and homemade tracks, I confirm the ET48 will float over obstacles in a pretty awesome way. I do like the smaller buggy tires for the driving precision they bring, but the Truggy platform is going to be a lot more stable on rough terrain for sure.

Last edited:
Nice. I did see that thread. I'm going to mount a truggy body on the DB48 and see if I can make it a ETD-48.

Curious to see how it all comes together. Now that Losi has dropped the Lasernut U4, I'm comfortable making the ETD-48 more of a general fun platform. I'll get the new Losi for more rocky and nasty condition driving.

s

Nice. I did see that thread. I'm going to mount a truggy body on the DB48 and see if I can make it a ETD-48.

Curious to see how it all comes together. Now that Losi has dropped the Lasernut U4, I'm comfortable making the ETD-48 more of a general fun platform. I'll get the new Losi for more rocky and nasty condition driving.

s
Mann that new Lasernut U4 does look killer !!! Some credit should be given to UCFab. Check him on ig, he has been building that exact replica for a while now but with metal cage and top components.
Already tempted to mash up that cage into a Tekno. That could be a cool path to take my rolled sct though I think the cage front and back are a bit too narrow for it.
No doubt the 550 motor will deliver more on a 1/10 chassis.
Totally agree in that sense the MT410 is a beast of a basher with 1/10 chassis but 1/8 driveline and electronics, it just eats terrain and takes a beating like nothing.
I think that ( somehow rewording what Bill DeLong said ) if you get an MT410 you would have the option to turn it into an ET48.3 if you wanted to, considering the parts you already have.

Mann that new Lasernut U4 does look killer !!! Some credit should be given to UCFab. Check him on ig, he has been building that exact replica for a while now but with metal cage and top components.
Already tempted to mash up that cage into a Tekno. That could be a cool path to take my rolled sct though I think the cage front and back are a bit too narrow for it.
No doubt the 550 motor will deliver more on a 1/10 chassis.
Totally agree in that sense the MT410 is a beast of a basher with 1/10 chassis but 1/8 driveline and electronics, it just eats terrain and takes a beating like nothing.
I think that ( somehow rewording what Bill DeLong said ) if you get an MT410 you would have the option to turn it into an ET48.3 if you wanted to, considering the parts you already have.

I hear ya. UCFab is top stuff for sure.

For my Tekno, I'm gonna start with trying a Leadfinger ET body and see how it looks, and go from there. If I can make the body and wing fit, then I'll call it good and use the Tekno for my grass speed machine. There is something about that longer ET chassis that appeals to me. Worst case I will rebuild into the SCT 410.3 and use that to replace my Senton 3s.

The Losi U4 will do the heavy lifting my DB48 was intended for.

Once I saw the Losi U4, the path became much more clear. That Losi could be made to do all kinds of things, and unless there is some fatal design flaw in the system, I will put my focus on that platform. I think Losi did a very good job in there research and observation of the market. I'm excited to see what the aftermarket parts world will bring.

Now I can stop pouring money into my Nomad spare parts collection.

Recent Popular Liked

Back