• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

48.3 Will the Nitro body fit on the electric?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cadon78

Detachable Member
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. ET48
Hey does anyone know if the nitro body will fit on the electric vehicle. I have a major love for the jconcepts finnisher body, but it’s only available in nitro. Any pics would be sweet. Thanks

Well I think I answered my own question the hard way LOL! Just took delivery of the jconcepts finnisher Nitro body. It’s a lot wider throughout the whole thing. The post holes seem to line up. And the cooling head hole is not pre cutout so that’s a plus. I’m just not sure if it will be a good idea to run it since there will be huge gaps.

However I can say it’s the most beautiful body ever LOL! I love the look and the back 3 fins are just Awesome.

Here are a couple snaps for reference.

7F527D82-384D-4F66-9927-23D5B9648510.jpeg

The electric is swallowed by the nitro LOL!
D6C7E9FD-7782-4685-A41A-14CE4229210A.jpeg
A2E24954-E5E2-4542-86F0-F1CB44896F57.jpeg

Cool. I like the look. I always thought the et48 body looks a little weird being so narrow. Hope there are no issues, wonder if the suspension might hit the fenders but if it's for the nt48 it shouldn't I would guess.

I say paint it up! Would love to see it done!

Cool. I like the look. I always thought the et48 body looks a little weird being so narrow. Hope there are no issues, wonder if the suspension might hit the fenders but if it's for the nt48 it shouldn't I would guess.

I say paint it up! Would love to see it done!

Oh I’m going to paint it up LOL! I ordered some of that liquid tape stuff. I figure I’ll try it out. I think I might try and use some of the candy orange and blue I have and see how it goes LOL!

Dare to be different is cool..Try it if like I love it.It want look like typical tekno truggy.The only big thing is the amount of dirt that get in.

Dare to be different is cool..Try it if like I love it.It want look like typical tekno truggy.The only big thing is the amount of dirt that get in.

Yeah the dirt getting in is what I’m most worried about. At the same time, that just means more time to spend with it cleaning out every nook and cranny LOL!

Cant be as bad as an SCT!

Yeah you’re probably right. My son has a slash monster convert. That thing get so dirty under the body just from looking at it LOL!

Last edited:
Ok I made some pretty bad cuts just to see how big the gaps will really be. They are about 1.5 inches on each side LOL! However like TBuggy said the wheels stick out past the body so it should be ok. I just wish I had some artistic anythjng in me to come up with a great design for the body LOL!

85EB0B2D-8860-455E-8183-8997BA1E75A3.jpeg413328D4-7F10-4D5F-9751-91178C829E0F.jpeg

Any update? I'm curious to see how this looks!

Any update? I'm curious to see how this looks!

Oh sorry, I haven’t painted it yet. Heck I haven’t even finished cutting the body out to detail on the edges. Since the LFR came out and I just got that one test cut too. Another issue I’m afraid of is since there is such a huge gap in the sides I will have to use the mount posts.

I made the mistake of using the mount posts on the stock body and they are getting destroyed. I will be using Velcro on the sides of the bodies and chassis from now on. I met a guy at one of the tracks around here and he showed me his and it looked amazing. The nitro body won’t fit that way LOL!

Still debating on how to mount the body. I LOVE the finnisher body the most of all I have seen so far. I’m half tempted to get a NT48 and do an electric conversion just to make the body fit LOL! I’m going to try and beg someone at jconcepts to make an et version.

If anyone has any ideas on how to make it work I’m all ears. Another concern is my paint skills are apparently lacking. I washed in the sink and made sure to spray and let dry completely before I went to the next layer of paint. However after the first crash at the track the paint is flaking off at all parts that come in contact with anythjng underneath it.

how did the body turn out and look painted can you post some pics

Recent Popular Liked

Back