• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Why is the MT410 seemingly the most popular?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveko23

Reaction score
Looking at the forum message counts it seems like the MT410 is the most popular Tekno vehicle (2700 messages vs 789 on the EB48 for example). So my question is what makes the MT410 so popular or is it just the most talked about the the forum thread count isn't really indicative of the actual popularity of the vehicle? Does everyone just like monster truck type rc's the best or is there something else about the MT410 that makes is seeming so appealing vs Tekno's other offerings?

I think that the people that are mostly on this forum are in general "bashers" and the MT is Tekno's Basher RC. A good amount of people seemed to have come from Arrma forums, and Arrma only makes basher vehicles. The rest of Tekno's line up are full on competition racing RCs.

I think you can get a lot more people interested in RC when you offer something high quality but not something that makes you feel you need to compete with. I know some new people are just turned off by the people that are super competitive in RC.

I noticed that same fact. It would be interesting to see what is the typical buying behavior after an MT410 purchase.

I would not be surprised if data shows a first MT purchase then leads to buying an EB or ET for racing. It is like Porsche coming up with the SUV which is still acclaimed by marketers as one of the best moves in the industry.

It is hard to just bash around when you got a taste of racing. I say that and I'm just a very casual racer. The truth is things probably also work the other way around and many racers look for an occasional basher that can share spare parts.

To answer the original question, I don't know why it's the most popular..

I have a few Arrma's and I treated myself to the MT410 whilst in lockdown..?
Would I buy another Tekno, short answer is a big NO..!!

I don't find the Tekno to be any better as a basher than lets say a Kraton or an Outcast and I believe some of the Tekno is worse than an Arrma when it comes to bashing..

One example: I'm currently sitting here with all 4 cvd driveshafts bent on my MT and no bends on any of my Arrma's..?

Don't get me wrong the truck is still pretty awesome and I wouldn't sell it, but I think it's over hyped in my opinion..

Recent Popular Liked

Back